Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
The old fat guy

Every time I look into a mirror I see this old fat guy looking back at me, I tend to avoid mirrors now, too depressing. Taking pictures is fine, I just don’t want to be in them.
One advantage is that my favorite meal late in the day comes earlier and earlier, it’s great eating out, no crowds.
I used to stay out late and be awake all night, now, I am trying to stay awake in the daytime. I know if I eat lunch, I better have a nice comfy couch to take a nap in.
The young women are nice to me, they know I am harmless, I remind them of their grandpa Morte, I do notice they stay at arm’s length from me.
I now look at the comfort of shoes rather than the style of the shoes.
Glasses. What good does it do for them to print the strength of the glasses in tiny print you can’t read without the glasses on? I have had to go to a higher number, being one who never throws anything away, I now have the weaker glasses and the stronger glasses scattered all over the house, I pick up a pair and try and read the other pair, if I can see the numbers on the glasses, that is what I go with.
You always think you can do everything you used to do, you just can’t.
Can’t hear worth squat, I was out in a noisy café with a buddy of mine one day back by the phones waiting for a table, this lady was fumbling with her purse and said something in all the noise, I thought she was going to make a call, I said Good luck lady! My buddy started laughing hysterically, she actually said she was looking for her compact to freshen her face.
Too vain to wear a hearing aid, maybe when I get old.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:31 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
It's hell getting older, but much better than the alternative. My problem was when I discovered that "I'm not the man I never was"!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:02 AM   #3
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
73 year old body & 25 year old mind, hell of a problem.
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:10 AM   #4
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by maximo

73 year old body & 25 year old mind, hell of a problem.
My FIL is a very active (married a year) 89 year old WW II teenaged bomber pilot. A few years ago he told me, "inside the old wrinkled body is a young guy trying to get out."
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #5
Gorgeguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11255
Something to look forward to:
Three old men sitting on a bench. The first complains of not being able to hear or see well. The second complains of arthritis and lumbago. The third says that can't complain because he feels like a new born baby. When the first two inquire how this could be since he is the same age as them, he replies: "No hair, no teeth and I think I just wet my pants".
Gorgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Now that's funny, but too true.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Ozz, you didn't mention teeth! You must still have yours.....just wait!

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
sad story but true. One of my Maintenance men, came up to the North Rim to work. It is 8,300 ft and he is 71. After a week or so he started to forget things, as we all do sometimes. It just got worse didn't remember were he was thought he was at the teton's and so on. Then last Monday he said he had terrible sinus headache which he had never had and kept falling asleep. I told him to go home and he did and sat outside his trailer for 9 hrs not moving much. The nps park service stopped to see if he was alright, he didn't even know his own name and they flew him out to St George to Dixie medical Center he now is in a coma and not expected to live. We are just beside our selves but things just seem to happen. So I will live every day as it might be my last, tell those I love that I do.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by randye

sad story but true. One of my Maintenance men, came up to the North Rim to work. It is 8,300 ft and he is 71. After a week or so he started to forget things, as we all do sometimes. It just got worse didn't remember were he was thought he was at the teton's and so on. Then last Monday he said he had terrible sinus headache which he had never had and kept falling asleep. I told him to go home and he did and sat outside his trailer for 9 hrs not moving much. The nps park service stopped to see if he was alright, he didn't even know his own name and they flew him out to St George to Dixie medical Center he now is in a coma and not expected to live. We are just beside our selves but things just seem to happen. So I will live every day as it might be my last, tell those I love that I do.
Touching story, he was living his individual dream, you just hope his last memories are of the beauty where he spent his last days working.
Sue goes with me on my calls, she is great help, and a joy to be with. She likes it so much better that we are together. We laugh and all my customers love her. Life can be what you make it.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I've been telling Vicki for years that I'm very close to reaching my prime. Somehow I think I blinked and missed it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:06 AM   #11
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
"Every time I look into a mirror I see this old fat guy looking back at me,"

Huh, I wonder why I see you, also when I look in the mirror. Must be a small world.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #12
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Dude, the trick is to get older, but not old.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:51 AM   #13
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Well I am on a mission to make sure that when that day comes I have used my body and everything that goes with it to the fullist and that there is nothing left. As I look into the mirror and try to get up I feel I am rigth on track :-)

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:24 AM   #14
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I like to wear shorts, recently I looked in the mirror and realized someone had slipped my day's legs in on me while I slept
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:40 AM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Today at noon, Sue and I have to install a big 4 Ton condensing unit. We have to load it in a rear carrier, unload it at the job and wheel it around the house. This would be a much easier task if I were 30 years younger. We will probably go 4 feet every 10 minutes.
Gettin old is no walk in the park friends, I think the 'Golden years' are really just tarnished brass..
Should have been born rich instead of good lookin :0
Old 05-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #16
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
Ozz, that SOB gets around! Here too!
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #17
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PowellsMonty

Ozz, that SOB gets around! Here too!

Heck a lot better than you know what!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #18
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I always say,,you got to grow old but you don't got to grow up,,,believe me I havn't lol lol just ask my wife......
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote