Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Tribute to PapaBeave and Nailbender

I devoted my sober hours yesterday out in the wilderness, leaving breadcrumbs for my pals to find. I wore my bright neon orange shirt so search and rescue could spot my lost butt from the air, took a few gallons of water and a full tank of Diesel.
Sue called me when I had cell service late in the day to see if I was ever coming home.
My work is not done yet, so I will post all of the hides at once.
This series will be called the Beaver Trail.
Get 'er done!
Some pictures of the day:

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
patbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11268
In Arizona, the state can put up a sign just about anywhere they want, and bazinga, you can't drive there. Last I read, violation of this statute costs you a $450 fine for the first offense.

P.S. What did you do with your UNsober hours...?
patbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I'm concerned about the need for a tribute for PapaBeav and Nailbender. Are they okay?

I nearly cried when I saw those hitchikers on your Michelin! I have Michelins, too, and could almost relate. I'm gonna consider inventing and sending you some kevlar covers to use as fender skirts but that's not gonna protect the tread areas. BTW - your tread is way more used than on my tires. How many miles do you have on them?

Otherwise, I am enjoying seeing the desert through your eyes. This is the perfect time of year to visit and probably out to mid-May. Wait until all the plants flower. Anyone would be so surprised at the amount of color that can occur in a desert this time of year. You are wise to carry a lot of water!!! But a Sawzall (okay a Makita)? That is awesome?!!

I am tempted to drive out just to meet you (and provide additional liquid refreshments to help with the unsober hours) but the schedule is tough! How long are you gonna be there and when and where's next?

Btw - unless your pals are rodents it's a bad idea to leave "breadcrumbs" for trail marking because within moments these will be gone and these same rodents will love you a lot for the extra food!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You really know how to make someone jealous! Wish we were still there. By the way, is that the same cactus that was stuck to the side of my shoe? If it isn't, it's a relative.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Ozz, I hope you cleared the trail wide enough because Don (nailbender) has a dually. I just found out where a 5/3 is here in Council Bluffs that I will be going after tonight. It is one that I need for "Difficulty/Terrain" in my profile, which means that I will only have 8 left.

P.S. Thanks for the tribute, to bad we won't be there to be the FTF.
Rich
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Ozz, Wish we could be there to do some caching with you. We have been home for two months and I still miss being in Arizona, especially the sunrises and sunsets. You and Sue should come to Quartzsite next January for the rally and we can so some caches there. Sue would have fun with the other girls, beading is their favorite activity and Quartzsite has way too many bead stores.

Good thing you haven't bought the new tires, those AZ trails can be rough.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by patbarton

In Arizona, the state can put up a sign just about anywhere they want, and bazinga, you can't drive there. Last I read, violation of this statute costs you a $450 fine for the first offense.

P.S. What did you do with your UNsober hours...?
Well, we go out on Government land, so the heck with them!

The UNsober hrs...uhh I don't remember...
Probably nothing that would contribute anything to society.
Anything good...
How are you doing??? Good I hope.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Art, no need for concern, my tribute is because they 'Go forth and conquer' in the Geocaching world.
The boys are go-getters!
trib·ute
noun
a gift, testimonial, compliment, or the like, given as due or in acknowledgment of gratitude or esteem.
Tires: They will be replaced any day now with new ones.
My bread-crumbs are GPS readings.
I did 2 today for them, looks like they will now be able to get to any of the ones I set out for them, but others will...try.
I set the bar high on these, it will be interesting to see the logs.

Quartsite...we will see, I came up for a day this year, but only saw a few pals there.
We leave here the 11th...sniff sniff...
Just got an email from a property manager with 500 houses, he wants me back home. I'm the only one he has used that can keep his office units working..they are ODD.. I am ODD, so it seems to work...
Old 04-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Cool, good to know your breadcrumbing is digital. Please send me the GPS breadcrumb files. I'd like to take a gander of where you've been. I have a pretty good set of orienting software so I might get lucky and be able to read them.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Art;
Yesterday's caches, run them on Google Earth, plug in the GPS and it will 'fly' you there.