Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2011, 04:21 AM   #1
Larry-P
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11570
MONTANA OWNWERS MANUAL

We've recently picked-up our new 3455SA Monty & just love it. We've been living in it since September 15.
The coach came with several individual procedures & small manuals for things like the microwave, hotwater heater, stove, etc that also have warrenty cards attached. However, I thought there would be one big owners reference manual with the unit??
Is this something I would get from Keystone or should the dealer have provided such a thing?? Or is there no such manual??

In addition, I would like to thank all of you who provided detail lists of the procedure of checking the unit before accepting it from the dealer. I believe the biggest thing that was pointed out to me as a potential problem was the China tires. I refused to accept the unit until the tires were changed from the Marathon to the Goodyear LT235/85R16E tires. Although I paid for the new tires out of pocket, I did get the dealer to give me a decent trade-in price on the Marathon's. All of this bargaining on my part was because of the backing of this Owners site.
Thank's to everyone who contributes to this Owners site for all of the valueable information that is proveded on a daily basis.
Happy RV'ing to all.

Larry-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:33 AM   #2
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Larry, yes there is a Montana Owners Manual, althought it is rather broad and generic. I think you can get to it on-line, but I don't have the URL. It should have been part of the package of manuals for all the appliances and other goodies included with the Montana. Someone else may be along that has the URL bookmarked and can send you in the right direction. Regards and enjoy, we're presently at the Big Rally here in Goshen, IN
Old 09-25-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Here is a link I found to the Keystone generic manual.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
lawrenceb42106
Montana Master

M.O.C. #45
When we bought ours 2010 they gave us one dated for 2006????? Got a generic at the service center when we went there for service.
lawrenceb42106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
That link John Kohl provided looks a lot like the manual that I got along with all the other documentation that I got from my dealer. In fact, it looks like it's bigger with more information. That could be because my rig is from 2006 and this one if for newer rigs. I may compare a little closer in the future. Funny how Lawrenceb's is from 2006 but at least he has one. The manual is useful for reference even though it might be generic. I'm pretty sure much of the information works for SOBs too and would be better than nothing.

It would have been the responsibility of the dealer to keep the manual with the rig and I guess for some reason, it got removed or misplaced. Maybe the dealer has extras. Otherwise, use this link to print your own. It's gonna be a lot of paper.

Thanks for the link H. John!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote