Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #41
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rick, I've never tried the Commercial T/A on the truck but this truck and the prior one both had/have BFG Rugged Trail T/A with excellent results including 70k miles on the prior truck's tires before replacing them with the same thing. This truck has 78k but the tires have less than that because they were replaced under warranty due to some blemishes that showed up after a few thousand miles. The replacements have been excellent. Lots of good truck tires out there, though.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #42
KardRV
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10180
While checking the Monty this week I found that two of the Goodyear Marathons had bubbled sidewalls. The rig is 14 months young and has about 5000 miles on it. I knew the chinese bombs were going to be a problem on this heavier unit. Earlier today I purchased 5 BFG Commercial T/A's to replace those tires. Went with the highway tread on a 235/85 16E. Saw this post a few minutes ago and I am reassured that I made a good choice.
KardRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #43
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KardRV

While checking the Monty this week I found that two of the Goodyear Marathons had bubbled sidewalls. The rig is 14 months young and has about 5000 miles on it. I knew the chinese bombs were going to be a problem on this heavier unit. Earlier today I purchased 5 BFG Commercial T/A's to replace those tires. Went with the highway tread on a 235/85 16E. Saw this post a few minutes ago and I am reassured that I made a good choice.
You made a wise choice with the BFG's. i did massive research before I purchased and very confident I made the right choice.
The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #44
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
I brought home my Mission Time bombs and finally examined them and discovered one was developing a broken belt and the other 3 were beginning to cup on the outsides. Good Lord was looking out for us.
The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #45
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Just ordered mine today to be installed on Monday. Have Firestone Transforce on now and have been well pleased with them for the past 5 years. Wanted to try and get another year out of them but y'all have my wife believing that we must change every 5 years. So here we go. Looking forward to them. I run the T/A's on my Mustang and really like them so why not put them on the Monte? Commercial T/A's for the 5er though.
chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:01 AM   #46
rotti
Established Member

M.O.C. #10061
I am happy with mine - Commercial TA's. I will used them again!
rotti is offline   Reply With Quote