Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #21
Bud and Monty
Established Member

M.O.C. #6978

Thank-you all for your well wishes , thoughts and prayers. Havent heard the final on it yet. Still in a state of shock. Payments coming soon and nothing in the driveway Dont think we will be getting a new truck though, frame was not bent.Whats that they say-? Built Ford Tough Will be getting new bed instead of repair also new windows that were nicked by brick flying into it and new wheels.Drivers side door repaired instead of replaced. Have to say we are impressed on the condition of the truck after being hit by brick and then another truck and moved about 4 feet or so .. Should have been alot worse. Again Built Ford Tough. No final yet, who knows may still be new truck on order.We are believing God will restore this to us ,afterall it was by His Blessings we had it in the first place , even for 5 hours. And if he hadnt swerved and hit the truck he would have hit and killed a father and his 1 yr old child.Even though we researched, planned ,saved, ordered and waited for 2 years to get it, Glad it was the truck.

Bud and Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:27 AM   #22
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Sounds like your truck was in JUST the RIGHT place after all, saving the child and father.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Oh, man, that would hurt! I'm glad the damage was only to property. I think we all live in fear with a brand new vehicle that something like this will happen. And to you it did. I remember many times in our working days leading up to much anticipated fifthwheel vacations I was scared to death somebody would hit the truck and put it out of commission, voiding our vacation plans. It never happened. I hope yours is replaced or fixed quickly.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:30 AM   #24
Bud and Monty
Established Member

M.O.C. #6978
We are hoping its quick as well sreigle. Not likely to happen though Our vacation is in August and we had planned on taking a couple of weekend trips to get those miles on the new truck before backing up to the 5th wheel. Looks like Bud the dodge will have to step in this time around, hes been faithful ,but hes getting old. Vacations only come once a year for us . Were going one way or another.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #25
Bud and Monty
Established Member

M.O.C. #6978
Well vacation is over, the Dodge got us through just fine,but this was his last tow.He'll be taking me (the wife) around town and to work. Husband got his new Ford F350 back, looks great and so far no problems. Its amazing what body shops can do now days. We were a little concerned about them not replacing the truck due to the fact we are going to be using it for towing, but nothing was repaired all was replaced with new parts from factory at $15,000.00. Insurance covered it all,other guy had no insurance afterall.They had truck right at 2 months. There still working on the house. Talk about a wild experience, couldnt have made this one up. hope its one of those stories you talk about for years, but never happens again.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 AM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Glad that it worked out. Since the jerk had no insurance your company had to have paid for it.That other guy is not out of trouble as he now owes your ins company 15K and they will get it back.Same thing happened to me a few years back where a drunk hit me head on, no insurance , my company paid for my car (totaled) and over 3 years later recovered from the other guy..meanwhile he could not get a drivers license during that time.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:48 AM   #27
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Bud and Monty,

We're glad to hear that you were able to make your vacation trip. Also, glad the truck is back and repaired to your satisfaction. Hopefully, the house will be back to normal soon. Too bad the criminal that did this didn't have insurance.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:13 AM   #28
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Glad you were able to take your trip and the repairs are finished. Maybe something good will come out of this, like the driver of the other car will have a moment of clarity and give up his current life style. One can only hope. Good luck to you and happy rving.
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:34 AM   #29
daneboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4854
What a darn shame. Why didn't it happen the day before?? I wish you the best, recovering the damages.
Jerry
daneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #30
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm glad to hear you were able to take that vacation even though you couldn't yet use the new truck. And now the truck is fixed. As Rich said, your insurance company will go after the guy, but turnips are turnips. If they get it all from him eventually then you should get your deductible back. Otherwise you won't. With such a rotten turn of luck on the truck, you are due for no problems for a long time.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote