Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Newbie Saga Continues

In the 6 weeks we have had our 3075 we have had 1 two night trip and 2 one night trips to try everything out. We decided to make the long 3 day weekend a 5 day weekend. We have returned to Paso Robles where we bought our Monty, we wanted a relaxing time to really make sure we had used all of the systems and to continue to move more "permanent" items into the Monty.

We had great trip down light traffic, blue skies and temps in the mid-70s. After unhitching and getting all setup I noticed a small puddle of hydraulic fluid under the Monty and the forward part of the belly was damp. I let it go until morning and found that the shelves in the front storage compartment had puddles of hydraulic fluid. Fortunately, we were only 8 miles from our dealer at this time even though we live 150 miles away. Our good luck continued as they had a replacement hose in stock. The hose to our kitchen slide had developed a leak and they needed to replace it. Not the way we had wanted to spend the day but, if you are going to have a problem this is about as good as it gets.

Now that I have had my first "on the road" problem does that make me a real RVer?

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
GlobalDouglas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6376
Sounds like you had a good plan, nice dealer and a bit of luck! I think we are "real RVers" the day we put down $$$! Many happy days and safe miles!
GlobalDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It is always a good story that ends well.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:03 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Glad it was a quick fix. hope that is the end of the problems, sounds like you have a good dealer.
Take care, Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:52 AM   #5
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
You be an RVer. Sounds like a great dealer! Have lots of fun with the new unit. It's a great life!
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:02 AM   #6
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Yes, I really like this dealer. I was concerned about having my dealer 150 miles from home but, every interaction with anyone at the dealership has been great. "Don't worry, we will take care of it". When our local dealer called to see if we were still interested in a Montana and I told him we had bought it out of town. The first thing he says "Where do you think you are going to get service?". Now even if the local dealer would work on our Monty; I still plan to drive the 300 mile round trip to a dealer that I trust.

If you are looking for a new Montana and in what you consider a drivable range of Paso Robles go visit Sky River RV just off 101!They also do internet sells if you are interested.

We are looking at 77 as a high today so, time to checkout the local micro brew and some of the wineries.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote