Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2006, 05:42 AM   #1
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Changes in MSVRP coming up!!!!!

I've started the process of contacting various Montana dealers to get price quotes for a 2007 Montana 3400RL. My plan is to confirm a price sometime in January and put in the factory order by the end of March. As part of this process, I'm trying to get a handle on current MSVRP numbers for the 3400RL and its options.

I have retail price sheet for the Montanas which shows an effective date of 5/1/06 and which I got from my local dealer last June. I asked my local dealer yesterday for an updated retail price sheet, and he told me the 5/1/06 sheet is still the most current and that there haven't been any price changes since then. He also said that there may be price changes following the RV show now in progress up in Kentucky, but that there are normally no more than two price changes a year--in May and in December following the annual show up in Kentucky.

Is this correct? I thought I had heard about there being a number of price increases from Montana during the last year.

And does anyone have any experience with dealers trying to raise the price on a factory-ordered rig after you have negotiated a price by claiming there was a price change by Montana that went into effect between the time of your negotiated deal and the date when your Monty was delivered by Montana?

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:38 AM   #2
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Hey David...we missed you. My 2007 price sheet shows $46,995 base price for the '07 3400RL. If you don't have the option prices, and want them, just say so. I don't have any experience with price changing...I would think once you have ordered, you should be locked in, 'cause the dealer puts the order in that day or the next day.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:40 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
David..Sent you a PM on MSVRP>>>
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #4
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Bert--good to chat with you again. I've been here, but reading rather than posting. I've been trying to capture some of the good info on lots of these threads by cutting and pasting selected posts into Word docs that I can take with me on the road--I don't seem to have much luck with searching the archives, and I may not be able to get on line at some of the spots I hope to visit out west once I get my rig.

As for your MSVRP price, your $46,995 price for the 3400RL is the same price I have on the 5/1/06 retail price sheet I have. Do you have a date on the price sheet you have? I find it hard to believe that the price for the 3400 without options has not changed in 6 months. FYI, yes my retail sheet also has the option prices. Again, however, I wonder if those option prices are still valid. I'm sure they won't be valid where changes are being made to the options, such as with the new hide a bed sofa and the new LCD TV being talked about.

David

P.S.--Rich--I've sent a reply to your PM. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Our Dealer indicated a pending price change in MSVRP - however the negotiated price doesn't represent anything close to the MSVRP so it doesn't matter anyway. I'm making an assumption that the price is locked at the time of order - and I would be tempted to call it breach of contract if the numbers changed at delivery and I would expect my deposit back (so I could order a Big Sky ).

As they have already sold my trade, I consider the deal closed and will not be digging into my pocket again for any price adjustment.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:49 AM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
On my coach there was a price "adjustment" after my order was placed. Since the order was already placed, the adjustment did not effect me.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
My price sheet does not have any updates...I got it in June.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #8
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
david and JoAnna, when we purchased our 2nd Montana we were locked into a price that was a contract with the dealer. We were even urged by our dealer to get our order in before the increase and we did. If you do business with a reputable dealer they have to honor any contract(order) you have made with them. We actually ordered both of our Montanas from the same dealer and didn't have to put a deposit on the second order, great dealer! I would do business with them again if we purchased another.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:47 AM   #9
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Just talked to two more dealers who both said that they expect Montana to put out a new retail price sheet in January which may well contain general price increases. One of them also said that there is supposed to be a new price sheet coming out next week, although it's unclear just what changes it will reflect--it may just show higher option prices for the new LCD TV and the new Hide-a-bed sofa. I'm trying now to get confirmation on what the new prices will be for those two options.

Anyone hearing anything about new MSVRP prices--when they are coming and how big they may be? Anyone know what Montana did last January in the way of price increases?
Old 12-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We bought ours based on the 5/1/06 price sheet. At that time (July) we were told there would be an increase around 8/1. And we later saw the new price sheet with the later date. So there has been at least one change since your 5/1 sheet.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:07 AM   #11
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Steve--just got some info from another dealer that confirms your info about an updated retail price sheet in August. There is now an even more updated price sheet dated last Monday (11/27/06), which seems to be the one now showing the new LCD TV with an MSRP of $925 (cost probably $595) and the new hide a bed sofa at $275 (cost probably $175). Also now lists the base price of a 3400RL at $48,175, up from the $46,995 on the 5/1/06 price sheet. But I don't have a copy of either of the two more recent price sheets, so I don't know if they have bumped up the prices on any of the other options. Anyone have the updated MSRP prices on the other popular options?

What puzzles me is why, when I asked a local dealer last Wednesday for the latest retail price sheet, he had nothing more recent than the 5/1/06 sheet I obtained last June. Since it would seem in the dealer's interest to be telling me about more recent, higher MSRPs from Montana, why not do so. Only thing that makes any sense to me is some info that I got from another dealer, who indicated that dealers lock in prices when they place their orders at the annual show in kentucky each November. If they have prices locked in in November for the units they order for the following year, then perhaps they aren't affected by price changes thereafter.

Anyone know just how this pricing system really works between Montana and its dealers? Sure would help with price negotiations to know what's really going on--love to call a dealer's bluff when they are threatening me with price increases from the factory to try to get me to put in an order sooner than I want to.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:58 AM   #12
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
David, I sure wouldn't put an order in any sooner than you want to. The difference in cost is not going to be that much. The only thing that really matters is the bottom line. With all the changes going on, I would wait until the last minute before ordering to be sure I get the most upgraded one.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:52 AM   #13
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Tons of changes - like buying a computer, outdated before you ever get it home.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:00 PM   #14
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We got a price sheet on a 3585 SA today and the 27" lcd tv was $893.00 the fireplace was $1295.00 Total price was $59,886.00 on the unit.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #15
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Latest info I have is that the dealer's cost for the new LCD TV is $595 and the cost for the fireplace is $840. If my math is correct, that means that the MSRP prices on the retail price sheets reflect a markup in the neighborhood of 50-55%. Flipped the other way, it means that if you deduct 33-36% from the retail price, you will be close to the cost price to the dealer. So have fun negotiating!!!!