Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #1
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Paul

Today they moved Paul to the VA Home in Columbia Falls, Montana. His best friend passed away on Friday and I had to call him while he was still in Butte and let him know. That was really hard on him because they said he is still not well enough to go to the funeral. He must have called me 20 times (collect) on Sat. just to hear my voice. When he got to the VA today he told them before he did anything else he needed to call me and have me there. When I got there we had a good cry but I told him that our friend wouldn't want him to jeopardize him getting better. We called his wife and Paul was able to talk to her and she confirmed the same thing. I think he feels better now that he was able to talk to our friends wife. Then he showed me all the cards that he got from the MOC members (you know who you are). He said he never felt so important to people who he had never met before. He said he felt really blessed to have so many people praying for him. The prayers are working because he looks great. I am taking him to the Dr. on Wed. and even though I am not suppose to, I am going to sneak him home for a few minutes to let him know that the North 40 is in tact and waiting for his return. This whole process didn't seem so hard when I was in the hospital going through this. Now that I am on the outside and keeping the home fires burning it seems a lot harder. So I guess you could kinda say he is paying me back for when I had my 2 strokes! Again, thank you all for your prayers.

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Sounds like a good report, for his recovery. So, sorry bout the good friend, that is so hard, and much worse that he could not attend the funeral and grieve.

How bout posting his new address at the VA???

I have to say, Kathi, you have the most marvelous attitude! My hats off to ya!!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Maybe, just maybe it isn't pay back time, rather love back time. Take courage. One day at a time is tedious but it is all we have. That's why finding strength in our faith is foundational for endurance.

There is a quote from a book I often read that I find emotionally medicinal, "Be very happy when you are tested in different ways. You know that such testing of your faith produces endurance. Endure until your testing is over. Then you will be mature and complete, and you won't need anything."

Sometimes that sounds more like salt in the wound that healing balm, but on reflection, it give me a goal. Victor Frankl, a man who survived Auschwitz, in his book, "Man's Search For Meaning" expounds on the idea that we can find meaning for life in the most difficult circumstances. I have to agree.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:51 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
So sorry to hear of the loss of Paul's friend. We are praying for his steady and complete recovery and for your strength to endure this difficult time. I'm glad you moved closer to your family and hope that they are a source of strength for you, too.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:30 AM   #5
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Thank you everyone. Paul's new address is: Montana Veterans Home P.O. Box 250, Columbia Falls, Montana 59912. He is in much better spirits this morning. I am so glad to have him closer to home.

Stiles, you are so right. Everyone keeps asking me how I can keep laughing and smiling through all of this and I ask them "Haven't you heard that laughter is the best medicine"? I am always up around Paul because I know that is the only way that he will be able to get better, if he sees that I am not letting anything get me down. It is hard to get better when everyone around you is down. So I have decided that when I am alone that is my time to reflect on the circumstances. When I am with Paul, I will continue to lift his spirits and help him realize that this is not the end, it is a new beginning. Isn't that what life is about, New Beginnings? God has been very good to us and I know that I was given a second chance at my life and now Paul has a second chance. Before our friend passed away last Friday, he continually wrote Paul and let him know that he himself was not able to get better. He had severe diabetes and congestive heart failure and a mound of other illnesses. He encouraged Paul to work hard not only for himself but because he could. He told Paul that he wished he had a second change. Since he passed I have seen incredible strides in Paul trying so much harder. For a while Paul was saying that he didn't think it would be this hard getting better. This is coming from a man that had never seen the hospital from inside out. So I know he thought that the only time you went into the hospital you just never came out alive. LOL. I keep telling him that for each day he is in that is one day closer to the day he will come home for good.
Have a wonderful day and I will keep you all posted on what is going on...Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Kathi, we will continue praying for Paul's continued recovery. It's good to hear he is making good progress.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #7
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
You are remembered in our prayers for continued good progess and speedy recovery. God Bless.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote