Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2006, 02:11 PM   #1
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Hi! I'm Helen wife of Richfaa

Hi! I signed in last week under Richfaa's name since I hadn't had time to get my own registration. I posted under Crafts... for Sweet Adelines. I'm still looking for other SA's to hook up with next winter in Yuma, Az and probably GRV, Tx.

If you'd like to chat... give a holler! I'm not on the FORUM nearly as often as my husband... but I do check now and then.

Gotta luv this trailer life! We're still packing our new 3400. Lots of yummy space!

Are there very many cockatoo owners out there? Ours is a female, 10 year old umbrella... spoiled rotten... and small for her breed (according to our vet). She does love to bite Rich too... but I really think it's because he won't pay attention to her so the old "bad attention is better than none" may apply here.

Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Welcome Snowhawk. Why do we feel like we already know you? I can't answer anything about singing except you don't want to hear me and I am even dumber about birds but I do know that we sure do love our Montana.

Another Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Welcome, Helen, It's great to see you posting. Maybe you'll be an inspiration to some of the others who are out there lurking.

Congratulations on that beautiful trailer. You look like a happy new owner in your picture in Rich's signature.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:03 PM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome Helen it is wonderful to have another female here, I cannot sing a note but look forward to seeing your post. How about some of your great recipes in Whats Cooking? Congratulations on your beautiful Montana.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:16 PM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hi Helen and Welcome. We finally get to meet the better half of Richfaa. Now if I could only get my significant other posting on here.
I can't carry a tune and know zilch about birds but I do know Montana's and I do know you're gonna love yours.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Helen,

welcoem to the forum. Rich has talked about you so much it seems we already know you. Congrats on the new coach.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
It's great to have you on board! You're not going to tell Cheryl about some of the stuff I post, are you???

Oh well, you know what Will Rogers said... "Live your life (or post on MOC - my paraphrase) so as you would not be afraid to sell your family parrot to the town gossip". I'll try...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:23 PM   #8
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I had to jump in here and welcome you also Helen. It's nice to see more of the wives coming onboard the MOC.

I can't sing either, in fact I was asked to leave girl's choir in high school. Remember the sound of Lucille Ball's voice when she sang on her "I Love Lucy" show? My husband swears that is my voice dubbing in for her.

Congratulations on your new Montana and many happy travels.

Margee.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:51 PM   #9
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
When I was in grade school my teacher told me it would be better if I just hummed. Never got over that one. Anyway, glad to have someone besides Rich talking. Maybe now we will learn the truth about the bird.
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:47 PM   #10
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Thanks for bringing culture and refinement to the MOC. Happy posting.....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:28 AM   #11
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Helen, So glad to have you with us! No, I'm not much of a singer either, but love to hear a good group. Your bird is beautiful. You look so happy in the pic of your new Montana!! We know the feeling - you just can't help but smile! Looking forward to your posts. Welcome aboard!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome, Helen! I can sing but you wouldn't want to listen to it!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:58 PM   #13
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
Welcome to MOC, Helen. Now we'll get the whole truth(ha, ha). Glad to have both you and Rick as MOC members. Looking forward to meeting the two of you at the fall rally. I sang for a couple of years in our local barbershop group so I can see why you enjoy it so much.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:27 PM   #14
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I'm not allowed to sing in the shower... by the neighbors... I think they passed some ordinance...
Old 05-11-2006, 06:55 AM   #15
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Welcome Helen...your new Montana is beautiful! Nice to have you here too!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:21 AM   #16
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Thanks for all the wonderful greetings! I feel like I've just acquired a brand new, warm, fuzzy family!

I've been singing since I was in grade school. I'm not one of those that dares sing solo though... I'm a harmony person. In barbershop... which is my current venue, the scale goes from top, high notes (tenor), to middle (lead or melody line), to bottom (bass) with the leftover notes going to a part called baritone. I'm currently a bass (for the ladies, we sing the low part, 8 notes higher than written in the music). Any of the ladies out there, who think they can sing a few notes can give it a try. I'll bring my book of tags (that's the end part of a song) and my keyboard. We can have a good time trying, anyway! It's always a lot of fun to get a bunch of gals together and group them (makes everyone feel more secure) into parts and sing tags. It might sound awful... but it's usually a lot of giggling fun.

As for the bird... she really a sweetheart but she gets pretty obnoxious around Rich. Now and then she'll let him pet her on the head or back.. but most of the time she glares at him and if he gets too close to me she lunges out and tries to take a chunk out of him. So far she's gotten him 3 times (and still lives to squawk about it!) She travels with us all the time, except for the upcoming FCRV international rally in Blythe, Ontario in July. (No birds across the border). I had to give up my recliner in the Monty so her cage would have someplace to reside ::out!::: By the way, she couldn't gossip if she wanted to.. her vocabular is quite small (don't some of you guys wish we ladies were birds??? The hens don't talk anywhere NEAR as much as the males do!)

There are 2 reasons I'm smiling like I am: 1.) brand new Montana (of course!) 2.)I get to retire in 173 calendar days (108 working days... subject to change when I take a well deserved "I can't stand it, anymore" day off. The idea of not working all weekends, midnight shifts, afternoon shifts, and nearly all the holidays is just bringing me all sorts of never-before-experienced joy. I feel like a high school kid who is finally getting to graduate.. "they're finally going to let me out of this place!!!"

Dave, better watch yourself... I'll tattle on you ... nyah, nhah.

Hey, what kind of crafters do we have? I know a lot of different types of crafts but always willing to learn new. Cooking? My nose is usually in a book... can't boil water without instructions.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:48 AM   #17
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Helen, I'll guess I'll have to watch myself a lot closer... We'll see if Rich does.

That's OK, I'll try to be good. Cheryl and I look forward to spending time with you and Rich, and Steve and Patty Emmel up in Mackinaw in July. We'll have a blast.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #18
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Yahoo, Dave! I'm planning on having a blast! We'll have to see what kind of mischief we can all find!
Old 05-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #19
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Oh boy..Old what's her name registered on the forum..her and that wonderful , friendly, loving and caring ...bird...Which it is..execpt to me... Oh boy..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:52 PM   #20
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Now we're in for some entertainment, Rich!