Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2005, 07:02 AM   #1
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
RV Storage Facility

There seems to be an ever increasing need for off-site RV storage due to town ordinances and other local laws. In our part of the world (Northeast) off-site storage is not easy to find and when you do find it there are few, if any, services provided. Some of you may have experience with off-site storage and I would like to know what you have found that works well or what you wish you had at the storage facility in the way of services. I am toying with the idea of creating such a facility here in Massachusetts and would like to make it into a facility that would really serve the RV population (especially Monty owners ).

Also, any hints that would help me research the need in the area would be welcome as well.

Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:45 AM   #2
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
We have a spot in a terrific new storage facility ... carded access, wrought iron fencing all around, well-lit, close to major highway, etc. The only thing we wish we had was access to water at our parking location so we could wash the Monty on occasion.

Bill & Ann (former residents of both Falmouth and Pittsfield, MA)
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:55 AM   #3
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
many places seem to crowd you in and you don't have access to it until spring. if you find the perfect one, quite often they are pricey. luck have it, I haven't needed one...but have talked to people who have.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:13 AM   #4
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
We've been in three different ones, I think they need to be well marked first of all, and parking within your area only enforced. Some things that aren't offered anywhere, that I think would be of benefit would be a tire service, sometimes you lose air over the winter, and also a mobile wash truck that might come through once a month or so. Of course both of these would come at an additional charge. Those are two things that I would be willing to pay for on an as needed basis.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:24 PM   #5
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Pete,
We use one that meets all our needs. It has a Wash area, a dump Station, an Oil Dump Station and spaces for rigs up to 40'. Good security and 24/7 access. There are about 500 spaces and the ones with the biggest waiting list are the 40'ers. Some are covered. Price range is I think $35 for 25' up to $75 for covered. We are in a un-covered 40' which we pay $55 a month. Our storage is in Sun Lakes AZ, just South of Phoenix.

Hope this helps,
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote