Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2005, 01:50 PM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Sacramento RV camps sites

We are leaving NW Wa. just after Xmas and headed to Az. A sister in Sacramento Ca will cause a stop over. I recall a posting that said that several of the RV parks are not good in that area. Does anyone have knowlegde of a resonable park? Use to park on her street with the smaller 5th wheel. With this monster no way.

Thanks

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Absolutely do not stop at the West Sacramento KOA park. It's more of a homeless camp, sites are very small and last time we toured the park it was about 70% full-timers living there. Nothing against full-timers, but these folks have absolute *junk* scattered outside around their RVs and the RVs look like they have seen better days a long, long time ago. Even some families living in tents... not just camping, but living in tents. You and Toni would not feel safe.

One park that might be okay is the RV park located at Cal Expo which is the state fair grounds. Here is a link to their info:
http://www.calexpo.com/html/RVPark.html

What area of Sacramento is your sister located in? And how far are you willing to park your Montana away from her location?

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
The Delta has some good areas. We stayed in another about 8 years ago and if I can find it, I'll post and see what Margee says.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:48 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
California Exposition Fairgrounds RV Park:
http://www.calexpo.com/html/RVPark.html
http://www.gocampingamerica.com/calexpo/ (review of Cal Expo RV Park)

TTN/NACO Members: RV facilities are available at Lake Minden which is about a 30 minute drive from downtown Sacramento. Contact them at Thousand Trails, 1256 Marcum Rd., Nicolaus, CA; 95659 (530)656-2700 or (800)656-5006; or visit their website:
http://www.1000trails.com/site/page/pg3487-as15.html

Elks Lodge - Carmichael: Not sure if they still offer this: RV facilities used to be available for Elks members at the Carmichael Elks Lodge located about 20 minutes from downtown Sacramento. Contact Elks Lodge, 5631 Cypress Ave., Carmichael, CA (916) 428-8296.

I think the main point is where in Sacramento is your sister. That is the big factor as to where to look for a place to stop and feel safe at. There are quite a few mobil home parks in the Sacramento area offering overnite stays, but some of their addresses scare me and I wouldn't recommend any of them that I haven't seen myself.

Old 12-04-2005, 04:35 PM   #5
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Concur with above re Sac KOA...we stayed there a year ago...maybe stretching it to give a 5 out of a ten. Unfortunately, there are very few RV parks in that entire area.

Check Davis and maybe even Fairfield (45 min south) If you can use military facilites, Travis AFB is fine, but, again 45 min away at least. There should be some places up by Auburn (north of Sacto)

The Fairgrounds would probably be your best bet..
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:53 PM   #6
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Nothing in Davis for RVs...

There is a decent one between Vacaville & Dixon. HamRad stayed there a couple of years ago. But that is 45 minutes to a hour (or so) from where your sister might live.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:57 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Okay I found it I think. Stillman's RV Park. Small not a lot of amenities but we were at a conference and just wanted a place to park the rig and sleep. Seemed okay at the time. We had a smaller rig then also so not sure if Montanas will fit.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:16 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dick and Toni,
I have a friend that stays at the Expo and says it is pretty nice. Seems to me he said the place he likes to get is sort of toward the river. But I guess it's all pretty good.

Further south ..... just south of Stockton is a place called French Camp RV park. It is VERY nice but a bit $$$. It is just off of hwy 99. On I-5 at Patterson there is a new RV park. Looks really nice. Have not stayed there but it looks really nice.

Neil's Vineyard RV park is just of 580 about 8 miles north of Vacaville. It is a nice park but out of your way unless your sister lives west of Sac.

Have a good trip.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:19 AM   #9
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
Woodall's does show three besides the above mentioned KOA. The are Cal Expo RV Park, Stillman RV Park, and Loomis Campground RV Park. LOoks like they run between 25-35 bucks a nigh. Here is the link to Woodall's http://www.woodalls.com/search/camp/...6,200&exstay=0 .....hope to helps, Les
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:19 PM   #10
Jim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #865
Dick and Toni - We stayed at Lighthouse Marina RV Park at Isleton which is on the delta. Its about 45 min. south west of Sacramento but really a great spot. From I-5 south of Sacremento, take Hwy 12 West for about 4 miles. When you go over the second drawbridge, take the Brannon Island Rd. for 3 miles to the resort. We just spent 10 nights there and had a great time for American Thanksgiving for two Canadians. Lots of room to run the dogs and the operators make you feel like family. Will stay there again.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote