Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2005, 07:47 AM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I hadn't thought about that! Maybe next time we're in the Goshen area we'll stop in so Vicki can personally demonstrate the problem for them...

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #22
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
I am still curious as to how there was room in that closet for the two of them. maybe you don't have as much in it as I think you would, since you are fulltimers.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #23
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Jan ... we actually do have a lot of stuff in the closet (we have a lot of stuff everywhere!). But we got in on Steve's side and he doesn't have any shoes on the floor (his boots are on the rack at the back of the closet and his sneakers are in the shoe locker), so it was simply a matter of shoving his shirts out of the way and plopping my big butt down on the floor. Nora, being 5-1/2, had no problem whatsoever. Now, if we had tried to get in on my side of the closet, it wouldn't have happened ... too many pairs of shoes on the floor.

To answer the question about how the doors latched in the first place ... as I was climbing in, I bumped the doors and heard the far door latch and after I got in, Nora wanted it dark (to show me how her shoes lit up) so she pulled the other door completely closed. Normally the doors are reversed, but when the one latched she pulled the other one closed. Clear as mud?

I love this child with every fiber of my being, but there is no way she's ever getting me in that closet again!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:35 AM   #24
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
thanks for the explanation--Paul's comment when I told him--"You could never get into that closet"--well I told him I bet I could but I wouldn't try it because he just might leave me in the closet. What a great story!! In a few years you can remind her of it and it will be a good laugh. It is something to think about, seriously, as kids do like to play in closets and that latch is really hard to open--I can see two kids playing and deciding to lock the other in the closet.........
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:15 PM   #25
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Just one question Vicki, did Steve have the camera to get a photo of this? That would be a good picture to go on your fridge with the grandkids.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:40 PM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Aw, man, John, I wish I had thought of the camera! Actually, I didn't have a clue this was happening until our d-i-l had already let them out of the closet. I was computering at the aft end of the rig and was oblivious to my surroundings (not an unusual scenario). I refer to it as my superior powers of concentration, though.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote