Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
Back Into New Escrow and now CLOSED!

Just read Stiles' comments about Hong Kong. Congratulations!! That is so awesome. Hope you can keep in touch and let us know how things are going.

On a personal note, my Townhouse is in a 30 day escrow (started June 22nd). Looks like the only "concern" is if it appraises high enough for the buyer to get her loan. As soon as it goes through, I will be retiring from my job at a community college in San Diego County, where I've worked for over 26 years, and moving to Quartzsite, AZ. This has been an adventure that began right after Thanksgiving 2004.

Won't go into all the details right now, but what I can say is that I recently received my Minister's License and will be working with the Pastor of a local church. Talk about your career changes!! I have an RV lot in Q'site and my Monty is parked on it right now and that is where I'll be living. Who in their right mind would be going to Q'site during the summer and then live there year around!!???! It is DEFINITELY something that God has been putting together.

Bruce

Montana_2753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:09 AM   #2
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Congratulations as you begin your new adventure. God bless.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Bruce! It's always exciting when things come together. We hope the appraisal works out just fine. Keep us posted.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
BIGSKYGUY,
Congratulations,
It is a major change and a good feeling once it is done. We are on the same track except we had a temporary transition (5 years) here in Australia before we go full time. House and "stuff" is sold. This unit is furnished so we brought only a few items.
Looking forward to reading about your adventures on the road.
Good luck and tow safe.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:34 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
bigskyguy

we wish you the best

wowie, this forum has some very exciting people and life changing events going on lately! Congrats to all of ya!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:46 AM   #6
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
Thanks to all for the encouraging words. Leaving early Wednesday morning to go to Q'site before it gets too hot . I want to start up the AC while it's still kind of "cool"!. Will be returning on Monday the 11th. According to the "weather bar" below, at the time I'm writing this it's 103F.

Bruce
Old 07-05-2005, 02:36 PM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well at 8:35PM EDST it was 108. Whew!! That's way too hot for me!

Congrats on the sale, I am sure the appraisal will work out .
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:17 PM   #8
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Congradulations. Good luck on your new adventure.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bruce
Your ministry may be a bit harder than Stiles'. He has to go to a foreign country but you have to withstand the desert heat. I worked in Indio CA for 5 years and we lived out there one year and couldn't take it. Hemet gets hot enough but it does cool down in the evening. Just a little advice, much like freezing things, keep any liquid inside. I had the weirdest things get too hot and explode just like the things that freeze in very cold weather. This means when you go grocery shopping - go immediately home and put it away. Even things like shampoo and eggs freeze in cold and explode in hot. Our prayers will be with you. Post often so we know how you are doing.
Happy trails and adventures........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #10
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
STOP THE PRESSES!!

I found out last Wednesday while in Quartzsite, that the buyer pulled out of escrow. Seems her job was really getting to her, so she quit, is selling her other townhouse and moving back to Utah and family!! It's probably just as well, because she may not have been able to get the loan, anyway, and I just "saved" $$$ helping her pay her closing costs.

SOOOOOOO.... starting the process all over again. Good news is that there are 3 other THs in my complex for sale with one a little lower than mine and two a little higher than mine (both of which have dogs w/associated "odors", etc.). Mine is the most recently painted, new floor coverings and window treatments, so pretty confident it will sell pretty fast.

Thanks, again, for all of your prayers and well wishes!!

Bruce
Old 07-11-2005, 11:34 AM   #11
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sorry the deal didn't go through. "All things work together...." , so not to worry. One of my favorite thoughts from scripture is, "and it came to pass..." His blessings on your ministry.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bruce, I'm really sorry to hear this fell through. But hang in there, these things seem to always work out for the better. I sure hope it does for you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:57 AM   #13
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
Well, accepted a new offer from different buyers. Seem better able to meet financial requirements, so back in to a 30 day escrow we go.

Bruce
Old 07-21-2005, 02:53 PM   #14
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Just be patient. God doesn't close one door that he doesn't open another. My mom quotes this to me all the time. And I will be darned if she isn't always right. God Bless. We just came threw Qz-site and wow weeeeeeee, was it ever hot......I hope that you have 2 a/c's. We were in Blythe and our poor a/c was really struggling to keep our 3400 cool. Had it running 24/7.....Had to get out of there...To Hot...God will see you through...Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We will say a prayer that this is the right deal. Keep us posted. Things always work out for the best.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:46 AM   #16
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
Thanks to all for the words of encouragement. Just came back from spending 4 HOT days in Q'site then 6 days in Cottonwood at 1000 Trails (cooler but had t'storms "they" call "Monsoons" so it was kinda muggy).

Looks like this transaction is going to go through. Just signed 3" of seller's paperwork (no wonder California has so many state employees!!). Escrow is to close on August 19th, so have some 'sorting out' to do (i.e. needs vs. wants) so I can live in the Monty.

I'm definitely glad I added 2nd AC in bedroom. With temps outside between 110-118, inside it has been a 'comfortable' 79-84 inside during the day and 72-74 in the bedroom at night.

Blessing to all,

Bruce
Old 08-02-2005, 03:34 PM   #17
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That seems kinda hot. It's 63' and sunny at Denali in Alaska. But then it's a heat wave by Alaska's weathex. Can't get one key to woxk on my computex but you know what I mean.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:59 AM   #18
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Praise the Lord Bruce!! Good news.. Just some encouragement... Up here in the MON Ks... it took us three years of offering... but we finally closed on our house on Monday. Kevin and I believe that the final selling of our house coincides with my youngest (but OUR Eldest son) turning 18 and leaving home.. he just came back to live with us last Thanksgiving... God needed us here till he was fledged... now things are rolling along quite quickly... When it is TIME.. God will move you, and you better have your skids greased when he does!!!
We are going to Work Camp... and have asked God to put us in the way of people who need whatever it is we have. (although, after the hot weather we have had up here in NW Ks... I hope He doens't send us to Q-zite.... I can feel my brain melting just thinking about it!!
First stop, Paramount Carowinds in Charlotte, NC. 6 mos there, and then???? Mebbe go work for the mouse in Fla.
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:30 AM   #19
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
It's finally a DONE DEAL. Townhouse closed on Friday, 8/19/05.
I will continue to work at the College until 10/03/05 to give them the opportunity to hire an hourly replacement. Job will open up for full-time replacement in December to start working in January. I will be travelling out to Quartzsite on some weekends between now and October to cover some Sundays while senior pastor is out of town. My Monty is already there on my RV lot. Was there this past weekend...Got up to 112F yesterday. However, having the second AC made it "comfortable/bearable"

Last year there was an attempt to get we "Monty-ites" together during the shows in Q'site. Maybe we can make another attempt a little later to see if there is interest for this year.

Bruce
Old 08-22-2005, 01:25 PM   #20
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Congradulations Bigskyguy. Great feeling huh. We will be in Q in Jan. for our big Fulltimers Class of '05 in January. Hope we can meet you during that time. It is still unknown where we will be setting up as we have about 135 rigs coming but we will keep in touch and try to touch base later. Enjoy your freedom.

Bill and Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote