Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2007, 01:36 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Flashpaq, has anyone used this?

I stopped into a performance shop yesterday. I looked at the Flashpaq tuner. it looks like a sweet device. It plugs into your Data port under the dash, reads and copies your trucks tuning data and re-tunes it to optimum performance. If you have to take in for any dealer service you can just hook it up again and hit the default button and it returns to your old tuning data. They were asking 449.00 for it but when I check online I found it for 349 to 399. Has anyone used this? Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:15 AM   #2
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Dave,

I used a similar tunning device on my SportsTrac. It cost about the same as the unit you are describing, it was programed specifically for the VIN of my ST, and provided me with 4 tunes: 1) Stock, 2) 87 Octane, 3) 87 Octane Towing, and 4) 90 Octane.

I ran 87 Octane when not towing and used the towing tune when towing. The tuner and modifications of my air intake (installed a K&N type system) and exhaust (installed Gibson exhaust with a CAT) produced added torque, HP, and improved gas mileage (from 9 to 12 MPG when towing at 65 MPH). Another benefit of the tuner is that it produced much smoother shifting points.

They are simple to use and are Joe proof. You just plug it into your TV's computer port (under the dash) and follow the on-screen directions.

I asked the owner of the performance who tinted my windows and spayed the Line X about a tuner for my new diesel. He recommended Diablo Sport and told me Dodges were getting at least 4 extra MPG with them, as well as more torque and HP.

One thing he likes about the Diablo in comparison to Banks is with Banks you need to be very careful about damage caused by increased exhaust gas temps.
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:59 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I will probably get the A-post gauge rack and EGT and Boost guage package along with the Flashpaq. That will pretty much lunch out Xmas budget. After that it will eventually be a big exhaust and cold air intake. At least till the 100K warranty is up... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:50 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
If you want more performance, I recommend upgrading the Exhaust and air intake first. Then if you still want more then put the electronics on it. Think of it as having a 100 meter diving suit (the electronics) with a 50 meter air tank system (exhaust and intake). If you upgrade the electronics then I agree strongly with the extra gages.
cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote