Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2006, 06:03 AM   #1
Montana_6513
Established Member

M.O.C. #6513
Warranty

My husband and I are about to buy a Montana for fulltiming. However, I read somewhere that the Keystone warranty is voided if you fulltime in the Montana? Anybody know anything about this? With the number of people that are fulltiming I can't believe this is true.

Montana_6513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:24 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Is there a need to tell them you are full timing in your Montana? When we purchased our Montana in 2000 we told our dealer we were going to live in it and they provided us with the full year of warranty, no questions asked. When we had some work done in Goshen (four years past the end of the year's warranty), we told them that we were living in it full time and they did about $4,000 worth of fiberglass work and didn't charge us a cent. So, I'm not sure where the idea comes from that they won't cover a warranty merely because you're living in it full time. One of the things that happens when you live in it full time is that you do have a lot of humidity in it from showers, cooking, etc., but you have to leave a vent open or use a small dehumidifier. We haven't found the need for the dehumidifier since we vent the rig.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Do a search, I believe that Glenn has list going on the number of full-timers we have in the MOC. Keystone is very aware that our members are fulltiming in them, and still honor their warranty. I can also attest to Keystone standing behind their product. I am not a full timer but I do long time (6 months a year) and had a complete bedroom slide retro, a kitchen slide seal added, and a few other minor things fixed 2 months ago at their Service Center. All repairs were done free of charge to me, and my coach is a 2004. On the flip side, when the time comes to buy another coach, Keystone will be at the top of list. Again!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The warranty issues covered by Keystone for fulltimers is a testimony to the quality of Montana's integrity. The disclaimer in their literature is lawyer talk. If a law suit arises over a warranty issue and the plaintif is living fulltime in the rig, then the company have an out. But the practical reality is that in the majority of cases, Montana stands strongly behind their products. If you purchase a good extended warranty, then it becomes a nonissue anyway.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote