Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2021, 08:21 AM   #1
JeffZ

M.O.C. #28674
Hey yall

Hey everyone. My name is Jeff Z. I recently purchased a 2020 montana 3855br. It was a horrible experience to say the least. Our walk through was a joke. There were things not working or missing. They "supposedly" fixed them and delivered it. We had multiple water leaks, the stereo didn't work, the cieling fan didn't work and still doesn't. The sent a tech to replace the stereo and turns out it was just unplugged in the back. And they said it was a intermittent problem. We are being moved to St Augustine FL tomorrow. A short trip. But I'm freaking out. I've been able to figure out most things on my own but when it comes to a few things I'm clueless.

So with that being said, I hope to speak with some of you in the near future.

JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:29 AM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Jeff,

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your move. There are often growing pains with a new rig.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:36 AM   #3
JeffZ

M.O.C. #28674
There are for sure. The walk through and explanation of the components was awful. I've learned a lot from here already just being a looker. Glad I joined. You tube has been a lifesaver as well.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:24 AM   #4
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
I feel bad for you Jeff. I don't think I would have taken possession or signed anything until everything was fixed. Hopefully they will get everything fixed quickly for you, and then it will be trouble free.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:06 AM   #5
JeffZ

M.O.C. #28674
Quote:
Originally Posted by 432bartman View Post
I feel bad for you Jeff. I don't think I would have taken possession or signed anything until everything was fixed. Hopefully they will get everything fixed quickly for you, and then it will be trouble free.
You know I have no faith. When they delivered it I told them to take it back because I don't have a tow vehicle and didn't want to accept it with broken things. I called while the guy was here and they said they would send a mobile tech to fix the issues. They did. One was fixed the other not. Thankfully I'm pretty handy and can fix most anything. But I'm not taking down the cieling myself at this stage.
Old 04-30-2021, 11:34 AM   #6
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Problematic DEALER. You should identify so others won't make same mistake.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:37 AM   #7
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
I am sure things wil turn out well. We have all had to deal with such issues. Hardnosed PDIs before taking delivery are a must.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:41 AM   #8
JeffZ

M.O.C. #28674
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeFulltime View Post
Problematic DEALER. You should identify so others won't make same mistake.
Absolutely. Camping World of Jacksonville! I have been fighting with them for months
Old 04-30-2021, 11:43 AM   #9
JeffZ

M.O.C. #28674
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1retired06 View Post
I am sure things wil turn out well. We have all had to deal with such issues. Hardnosed PDIs before taking delivery are a must.
I have no doubt things will get easier. We are new new to this and I have done so much research on how to fix things, how to properly operate things, etc. It's just frustrating some times
Old 04-30-2021, 11:43 AM   #10
Andy Smith
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25951
Hey Jeff,

I have the same model camper and had a similarly "light" PDI on mine. First day we got the camper the hydraulic pump died after leveling and the slides partly out, took a month to get the part and a mobile tech to repair it. Then we found it was partly due to the batteries being almost empty when delivered and shorting a bunch of things out. Then the fan, ours is also intermittent and I'm going to likely order a new motor and replace it. The stereo did the intermittent thing you described, I just took it out and took it to my dealer and they gave me a new one. Then after living in it for a few months, the intervac died, I'm waiting on intervac to repair/replace it, and the furnace stopped working on the coldest day of the year. I replaced the sailswitch myself. Currently working on a potential leak in one of my hydraulics. I'm getting used to how complex of a thing an RV is, especially to live in full time. Get as much repaired under warranty with mobile techs as you can, and sometimes are just easier to fix yourself.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:15 PM   #11
StageCoachDriver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22620
Also, if you're on FaceBook, there is a great Montana Owner's group there that can help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2740...83787518678317
StageCoachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:46 PM   #12
Teacher438

M.O.C. #24519
I wish you luck!!

We purchased our camper from Gander in St. Augustine. Sales department was awesome. I can’t say the same for service department. If that’s where your camper is headed - beware. We have not taken our rig back in over a year because while they had it for months the problem never got fixed. I understand they have a new service manager and some new service people but I don’t know if it’s any better. I wish you luck!
Teacher438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:53 PM   #13
Terjorob

M.O.C. #27215
I too bought a new montana and wish I hadn't.. on going problems, keytv, water leaks, but mainly the dealer, lies and not fixing things. contacted corp, Gander now, maybe this will help
Terjorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:00 PM   #14
Mlenest
Established Member

M.O.C. #25902
it should get better it toke over a year to get all Bugs out
Old 05-12-2021, 04:22 PM   #15
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Our rig has been in the shop for two weeks, supposed to be ready on Tuesday. When I talked to the tech guy on Monday he sounded desperate. Asked me if I knew anyone who needed a job. They can’t find anyone who wants to work. With unemployment benefits and stimulus checks, people prefer to stay home.
Bad Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:45 AM   #16
HawkeyeDoesFly
Established Member

M.O.C. #27117
Remain Positive and Tenacious with Camping World !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffZ View Post
Absolutely. Camping World of Jacksonville! I have been fighting with them for months
FYI, I am glad you remain positive. It will do you well.

Also, take a look and see that Camping World has a reputation I don't admire. I bought from them too. It was a battle and I stayed tenacious and documented everything to the 99.999% degree. Tell them you are recording each conversation in person and on the phone. Digital recorders are more powerful than lawyers and guns. Juries like to hear all those recordings and promises made by folks. Kinda sets the stage for you better than your memory.

May I also suggest you join this FB Group to see more things you may need to know about your near future adventures.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1258834287498646
HawkeyeDoesFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:06 AM   #17
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
It has been on here many times, choose your dealer first. It is not like buying a truck. Your selling dealer will be your first stop for repairs. They will ultimately be the determining factor if you love your RV or hate it. We live 500 miles from our dealer. I make an appointment for when we travel through the area. We take it in at 8, they do any repairs and then we drive away at the end of the day. During our recent PDI, we stayed 7 nights on-site while they fixed items and waited on parts. That included two nights before we even signed the paperwork. There are good dealers out there.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:17 AM   #18
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Document, document, document all your communications and issues. Don't know if contacting corporate helps or not. Stay on them and don’t relent, don’t let them off the hook. Camping World is notorious for being the worst dealer in the country. Some are worse than others. Unfortunately, you are better off fixing things yourself if you can. The rest you unfortunately have to rely on your dealer. You can switch to another Keystone authorized dealer in your area for warranty repairs if you can find a good one. I have tried CW for some repairs and of course, was very disappointed and will never go back. Fortunately, I found a good dealer, so far. A positive is that the things you fix you know that they were done and how good the fix was. Stay positive and good luck.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #19
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Welcome to the forums and hope things turn around for you and your new camper real soon. Just an FYI, it DOES take about a year to flush out all the problems and inefficiencies on a new camper. So, be patient, hang in there, get things fixed one-by-by, new things will unearth the more you use your new camper, but more will get fixed. The second year will be great! First year is a REAL learning curve and a shocking experience! Good luck!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:38 PM   #20
TCmontana
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27810
I have to say last year when we purchased our 3931fb, the walk through was just that. They might have well not have done it at all. But overall have to say the unit did okay, maybe it was built on a Wednesday.
TCmontana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone montana 3855br