Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2018, 08:06 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Rich the problem is they don’t wear. Oil gets under the hose and then it will slide from under the clamp. The clamp can stay on place and hose hose slides from under it. The tube has a larger diameter on the end so the hose and clamp can’t just slide off. You had yours changed so you probably are OK.
Lynwood
You are correct Lynwood. We had the hoses and clamps changed long ago. We are at 100K miles now and doing well. We will be going in for our pre Florida trip inspection soon.

We are easy on the truck keeping the boost and EGT under control.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:34 AM   #22
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
I see Ford and GM has had problems with turbo hose and clamps but how about Ram.
Any turbo engine can have this problem. Back in the not so good old days Diesel engines had 160, 200 horse power the boost was 8 to 10 pounds. Now HP is 400 boost is much higher. A 6.4 like mine boost runs up to 38 pounds. The way we get more power out of these engines to to run the boost way up and dump in more fuel which puts more stress on the hoses, clamps and everything in between. So all turbo engines are at risk some are more likely to have the problem. Depending on how much boost they run. My 6.4 the boost will go up to 42 pounds with the HP up to 600. I can load up a 750HP tune which will run the boost up 52 pounds.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:27 AM   #23
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
I heard that next year GM is putting heated tailgates on all their trucks. This is so your hands don’t freeze when you have to push it in the winter.
Never heard this one before! Great.
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:58 PM   #24
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Any turbo engine can have this problem. Back in the not so good old days Diesel engines had 160, 200 horse power the boost was 8 to 10 pounds. Now HP is 400 boost is much higher. A 6.4 like mine boost runs up to 38 pounds. The way we get more power out of these engines to to run the boost way up and dump in more fuel which puts more stress on the hoses, clamps and everything in between. So all turbo engines are at risk some are more likely to have the problem. Depending on how much boost they run. My 6.4 the boost will go up to 42 pounds with the HP up to 600. I can load up a 750HP tune which will run the boost up 52 pounds.
Lynwood

Hi Lynwood

Is that presser psi or psi “a” or “psi”?

The stock Duramax LMM runs a maximum pressure of 79 IHG “a” this is only 23 psi or 38 psi “a”. Anything over 80 IHG “a” is 25 psi or 40 psi “a” and is counterproductive on this model in stock configuration.

Phil P

PS: “a” = absolute
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote