Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2018, 01:35 PM   #21
CVNCheng
Established Member

M.O.C. #18393
We have Progressive. Blew a tire out on I-40 between Burlington NC and Raleigh on a Sunday afternoon and then the one on the other side of the same axle went about 20 minutes after installing my spare. Progressive RSA was pretty worthless. Offered to tow my trailer to a storage facility but that would be several hours and I would be on my own from there. I managed to find a tire in Burlington that fit the rim (not rated for the weight) that got us to a nearby campground for the evening. In the morning a tire shop in Durham sold me 5 new tires.

When Progressive came out to assess the body damage (from the tires) they did reimburse me for the cost of the tire (I bought to get me off the road) and the night in the campground.

So the insurance was good, the roadside assistance: not so much. That said, I was really thinking the roadside assistance was more for the eventuality that I may have mechanical issues with the truck and require both to be towed while the truck was repaired. (I have towing from USAA for the truck.)

And the tires, well that's what I get for not replacing the cheap China bombs that were on my trailer when I bought it.

CVNCheng is offline   Reply With Quote