Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2020, 07:27 AM   #1
Jeff n Susan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25636
Motion light

Hi,
Our new 330RL has a motion sensor light at the inside steps. Great feature and we actually like it.
When I go past it after dark, like when I get up in the night when everything is still, and I walk past it, the light goes on as it should. After about 30 seconds the light goes out. Once again, as it should.
Here is where I get the confused look.... with no other activity, the light cycles on and off any where from 5- 10 times before it finally stays off. Its quite annoying when you are in bed and the darned thing keeps cycling on and off. There are no pets or critters running around inside to turn this on and off. Any ideas? Anyone else have something like this going on?

Jeff n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
never had this problem but a while back somebody asked about replacing one of them, i think this is the one
https://www.amazon.com/Facon-5Packs-...461260&sr=8-15
al meyer
3931fb
az
Ahdmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:32 AM   #3
Rollinspo
Established Member

M.O.C. #25528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahdmeyer View Post
never had this problem but a while back somebody asked about replacing one of them, i think this is the one
https://www.amazon.com/Facon-5Packs-...461260&sr=8-15
al meyer
3931fb
az
I just bought this set and hope to install a couple more in the hallway. There are 2 steps and only the first one get a light. so the second one is dark. My wife fell the last time we went out and I ordered these asap. As far as your light cycling I have not info to help you though, sorry.
Rollinspo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:44 AM   #4
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I have had that happen with the lights in our closet. The door for the W/D is louvered so I can see the light come on and go off. Nothing in there. It stops after a while. Never figured out what caused it.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:16 AM   #5
Preston & Terri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14645
Our stair light and pantry light will come on (together) at random sometimes.
Retired FULLTIMERS that Travel & Work -- 2020 3931FB Legacy Edition -- OEM Sailun S637T's -- 2017 F350 DRW, 4.10 axle, 6.7L -- PullRite OE Puck Super-5th 25K hitch -- Dish Network w/ Winegard G2 automatic portable antenna -- 50A Surge Guard portable -- WiFi Ranger Elite -- Blue Streak -- YourBestAddress.com -- RVSA Certified Technician -- The UnBeetable Experience
Preston & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 07:49 PM   #6
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
I have an older unit, so it does not have that fancy( not working ) stuff in it. I have been using battery motion lights from Lowes for years. they work great.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:44 AM   #7
TWP723
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28111
You need to change the lamp. The diode is most likely bad.
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:55 AM   #8
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I got sick and tired of mine, and just last week, pulled it and cut the wires leading to it. I figure, (someday), I'll put a small light there that stays on all the time and run a wire for an actual on-off switch. BUT, after disconnecting it completely, I like the dark anyway. And when opening the outside door, and the stair going up to the upper level is right there, the first thing that hits you is that light glaring right at you, blinding you. What good is that. Why didn't they put it on the other side of the steps so the dang light won't glare at you, straight in your eyes when you open the door from the ground! These RV designers are so stupid sometimes.

I also disabled the same light in the cabinet with the switches for the same reason. Open that door, and blinding light hits you and you can't see a thing.

The only cure for your on-off-on-off problem is to replace the light itself, if you want to keep it. They are cheap and you can find them on Amazon or your RV dealership. There is no cure. Just disconnect or replace.

To remove: There is a little tip that hold them on. They break easy though:

4 screws hold it to the wall. Remove them. These are molded, you can not open them. You can only replace them:

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motion light