Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Sharhu
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12737
Love Our Montana

Don't know if this is the right forum but we are so happy and excited about our Montana, I just want to tell everyone.

When we purchased our Montana in late August, it had been 10 years since we had last camped and that was in a small travel trailer. We were excited but nervous about our decision to get back into it especially with something as big as a 5th wheel. We were able to fit in a couple weekend trips to a campgrounds 1 ½ hr away in the fall and enjoyed them. We went on 3 weekend trips this spring also within 1 ½ ride. Now I feel like we have hit the “big time” and are vacationing at Myrtle Beach Travel Park a whole lot further away from our Pennsylvania home.

So nice to not be packing up to leave after two nights!! A lot of firsts for us on the way down. We didn’t leave until after work on Friday so we ended up stopping near midnight for a short overnight at a Wal-Mart just below Richmond. My DH has now had the experience of maneuvering the truck and rig through rush hour traffic, and into a couple truck stops and a larger HESS for fuel. With our short trips he could fuel up before hitching up and be go to go. We know we want to get auxiliary tanks now so we don’t need to stop so often. He really enjoyed that beer after we got settled into the campsite and he could relax after that first long trip pulling the RV. We had lunch in the RV at a rest stop on the way down.

We just love, love, love our Montana. It is the best decision we could have made to purchase the one we did and get back into “camping”. Love the floor plan; it works so well for us. Love the Level Up system we had installed. Love waking up each morning in our “vacation home on wheels”. We even ended up with a great site at the Myrtle Beach Travel Park, one site away from the walkway to the beach. We can watch the waves from our site. I noticed a couple other Montanas in the park. Love the fact we still have a few more days before we have to head home. Hopefully in another year or so we will be retiring and can plan to come back and spend the whole month here. I have a long list of places we want to go in our Montana. At least we have a few more weekend trips planned for this summer and a week up near Cape Cod in August to look forward to. For now we are just enjoying every day in our Montana.

Sharhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Glad you love it! May it provide you with many wonderful memories to come. We full time in our Monty and wouldn't trade it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
Enjoy enjoy, a great way to travel and having everything you need and the same comfortable bed every night. Beats the heck out of motels and your surroundings are more enjoyable.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Join us at a rally. You will make friendships that last a lifetime.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #5
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Great to hear it. We just bought our second Montana and we are loving it also. We go to MBTP each July so we can't wait to go this year and see how much better it will be having two a/c's instead of just one. At James Island County Park near Charleston, SC right now and having a great time learning about all of the new stuff that our old one didn't have. Enjoy your new camper and come visit us at one of our rallies. You would really enjoy it. Good luck and Keep Kampin'.
chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Glad to have you join in the Wonderful World of Montana! Nothing better! If you can make time for it why not join us in Goshen, Indiana, Home of the Montana, for the Fall Rally to be held September 25th thru October 1st. You'll be able to meet a whole lot of the MOC members that are here on the Forum and be able to attend some seminars from the companies that supply materials for the units. We have special events planned to enlarge your waistline and even get to tour the Montana factory and see how they are actually made from the frame up! Enjoy your unit and hope to see you in Goshen!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #7
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
This is our 2nd Montana and loved both of them I hope yours will bring the same good times ours have through the years ..HAPPY TRAILS!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #8
Force
Established Member

M.O.C. #13423
Loving my 1st Montana also! (Purchased 2weeks ago) High Country 303RK

I'm hitched up and loaded for our 1st trip. Leaving home in 2 hours.
Heading up the road about 10 miles into the mountains for 5 days of Boondock camping.
Was snowing yesterday evening when I finished my recon of the camp site!
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #9
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations on your new Montana. We are on our second one and have enjoyed both with no problems.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:01 AM   #10
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Enjoy!!
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Not only did you find the right forum, but this topic might do, too. How exciting that you are enjoying your new home on the road. With this MOC's help, be prepared to learn how very capable your Monty is, so much so, that many have retired into theirs! You'll also learn why being a participant here, you can help many others and not just Montana owners, that this is a reliable resource for everything about Montanas, RVing, and living this life.

I know I've learned a bundle and also feel pretty good that I have been able to reciprocate with some of my experiences as well (not always good news, but good resolutions, too).

Welcome, and don't forget one of this forum's mottos: There is NO SUCH THING as a DUMB question!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
As a brand new Montana ourselves, we're in the same boat as you - smilin' big time!
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #13
Sharhu
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12737
We have rented beach front condos to stay in Myrtle Beach in the past but we are enjoying this trip more. We would love to attend a Rally. Definitely on our Wish List. Probably have to wait until next year or the year after depending on when it works out that we can we retire. Vacation time already planned for this year. Love this forum. Getting a power head for the vacuum that I read about on here was a good idea. Really works better than the original head for the vacuum with all the sand around here. RV GPS, auxiliary fuel tanks, possibly back up camera, tires, all on our wish list that we will be working our way through - not necessarily in that order. Just hope I don't have to keep working to pay for all the stuff we keep adding to the list:-)
Sharhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #14
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Our rally in Aug is in Mt. Airy, NC. The regional rallies are great to get to know people and put faces to the crazy names on this forum. Great for a few days and not too far from home. We would love to go to Goshen, but like y'all, we have to wait until DW retires to go that far.
chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #15
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
This is our second Montana, a Big Sky, and we have been fulltiming for 6 years!

Enjoy!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #16
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
We are also on our 2nd Montana and wouldn't have any other brand.

Keystone's Montana ROCKS!!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
tobymaxx
Established Member

M.O.C. #12978
Congrats on finding a lifestyle that you love. A number of us can echo your sentiments and can relate to everything you said.

We bought our first Montana in the Fall and headed South last October. After living in it for 7 months (long timers) we absolutely love it. After that amount of time we determined that it is definitely more comfortable than our former Park Model trailer (with AZ room addition), and it gives us both plenty of space when we need alone time. Now the modifications will begin, and I'm looking forward to a number of them.

Now that we are back at our summer home, we're already looking forward to hitting the road again in October to see what other adventures we can dig up. We recently put the B&M home up for sale so we are heading toward full time. Hope to see you on the road. We've run into a number of MOC members at campgrounds across the country. Enjoy............
tobymaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #18
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Welcome to this awesome forum! We are new also with our first Montana and other than a shakedown trip in April, have yet to get out. The people on this forum are so friendly and knowledgeable, you get sucked in, just reading posts. Well, I do anyway. They have helped me through a few first-timer things, even without making me feel like a complete knucklehead.
When you're headed to Cape Cod, let us know. We aren't far and would love to meet some of the folks on this forum. The rallies are a bit of a stretch for us due to my work/vacation issues at this point. Have fun with the new camper and remember to ask these guys anything. There is a lot of useful information here.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote