Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2020, 08:58 AM   #21
jdarwin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21728
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post

JDarwin, the color of the pex, blue, only indicates that it is a cold water line. Red is used for hot water lines (at least most of the time). The rear most drain is for the fresh water tank. The one in the center, in front of the axles, is for the ice maker line to your residential fridge.
Thanks for your help.

Member #21728
2019 3931FB
2017 F350 6.7 Powerstroke SRW
B&W Companion Slider 20K
jdarwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:10 AM   #22
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Remove a couple of screws from the bottom covering and look up inside to see where the leak is. It may be the band around the tube that needs to be tightened. You may be able to tighten the band without fully removing the panel. They a bother putting back on by yourself.
Earlier I thought you said it was coming out of the tube when I mentioned the o-rings and not from above to bottom covering.
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:05 AM   #23
rmasse10
Established Member

M.O.C. #26787
NO, it is coming out of the drain itself or whatever that is exactly...not leaking around it. The dealer, prior to getting it there and describing the issue, thinks it is a faulty check valve but I have not heard yet what it is. It is at Lazydays where I bought it but having a generator thrown in as well so taking a bit more time than I had expected. I already kinda bitched the service manager out Friday as he keeps pushing things out a bit so I am expecting a full list of things that have been done since Friday. My unit was not prepped for a geni so they needed to order the box. Suppose to be in today so they can complete that job. I guess it is a fairly big job, or at least that is what they and everyone else tells me.

Anyways, I still dont have an answer of what the leak is, but it is coming from the hose line itself, not around it.
rmasse10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #24
Tom N OH
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17678
If it’s near the axles & you have a residential refrigerator, it’s the drain fitting to allow draining the line to the ice maker in the refrigerator’s freezer compartment. Most likely just needs to be snugged up. The factory has a habit of leaving them loose.
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:09 AM   #25
rmasse10
Established Member

M.O.C. #26787
Ok, so the info from the service center is it was a faulty check valve that was stuck slightly open and that got changed out...now on to the other issues at hand...hoping to have the rig back this Thursday...
rmasse10 is offline   Reply With Quote