Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2005, 11:11 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Taxes

TAXES, ARRGGGG. Nuff said.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:39 PM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Wrong subject for me today. We are both self-employed and it seems our tax man underestimated what we needed to pay for estimates all year leaving us with a large amount owed plus first quarter estimates. Yikes. We cannot afford to the fill the fuel tank now!
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 01:28 PM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
My daughter is a CPA, you would think I would pay the least in taxes, WRONG, seems like we pay more each year and earn less.
I guess the way not to pay taxes is to not earn the money. I can't figure a way to live on nothing, so got to keep paying.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:09 PM   #4
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
You know, I hate paying taxes just like everyone but, I wouldn't even mind paying more if i thiught it was going to the right places like educaton and a good health care plan AND if every one was paying their share. My biggest gripe is the multinational corporations who are hiding profits off shore and the various schemes wealthy individuals use to hide assets. Current estimates of these frauds run upwards of 300 BILLION dollars. That's enough to solve the entire deficit problem. My real problem is with executives and individuals who can rationalize this as their right. Just another form of psycopathy in my estimation.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Sharon,
I think the problem is that almost all CPA's are honest and will hold you to the letter of the law. I have always said those who know the rules usually abide by them to their determent.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 05:48 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
My arggg was related to the process of getting it all together and completing the task. I am self-employerd and must do the Schedule C ritual. For years I have prepared my own since I went to the professionals and later discovered they charged fees for unnecessary forms completed plus they were ignorant about deductions that could have been claimed. I ended up straightening it out myself and learned enough to do it myself with greater accuracy. Also doing my taxes gives me a greater understanding of exactly where I am financially and how I got there.

By-the-way, I would just love to pay more taxes, not a greater percentage, but more taxes as an indicator that I had made more money.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #7
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Being a "Canadian CPA" - (wrong term but describes what we do) - please don't judge us all the same. I work best for them that pay me and I'm still waiting for anything from the Government so as my clients pay me I do work the best I can for them. Biggest problem we have is that clients "forget" to tell us things - and, guess what, my Crystal Ball has a crack in it! ESP is not my strong point - magic dust I have a small supply of but even we have problems working around a lack of information - even had clients forget to tell us when they had children!

Having had my rant - I would also add that 99.9% of our clients are absolutely wonderful people and we do love doing what we do - i.e. keeping as much money out of Government hands as possible (within the limits of the law naturally)

One thing we have noticed over the years - every time the Government "in their wisdom" simplify the system our business shows a sharp increase in volume!
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote