Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2005, 09:53 AM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Harleyrider, is the Lock and Chock the one that has a handle you move to expand the chock between the wheels? I wondered if the handle bending would be a problem. The kind I use are by BAL and don't have the handle. I think it's called a "Deluxe Tire Locking Chock." It comes with a wrench to turn a nut to expand/contract the mechanism. I've had no problems with these. I install them upside down because otherwise the fender skirt makes it not so easy to work the wrench.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:31 PM   #22
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
The ones Sreigle showed a picture of is the ones to get. I looked into the customer ratings and the cam lock chocks did not have a favorable review. I can speak personally of the Delux Chocks and highly recomend them.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:42 PM   #23
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

[...] The kind I use are by BAL and don't have the handle. I think it's called a "Deluxe Tire Locking Chock." It comes with a wrench to turn a nut to expand/contract the mechanism. I've had no problems with these. I install them upside down because otherwise the fender skirt makes it not so easy to work the wrench.

On our old TT, a "between the wheels" chock worked wonders. On the Monty we have no movement fore & aft with the "between the wheels" chock, but still get quite a bit of vertical bounce. The hazards of a long frame....

I also got the Deluxe Tire Locking Chock as shown above. I also use it upside down like Steve does for the same reason. Once I get some of the top improvements done, I'll revisit the interior motion and decide what other blocks, chocks & jacks I will use to steady things up more. I rather like the permanently mounted jacks that Steve has. Less stuff to shove into the baggage area

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote