Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2020, 07:32 AM   #1
GreG L.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21993
TV lift question

I have a 2020 3561 with the TV behind the desk on a lift. I have to replace the TV as the cable connection is broken off, it was loose until I took it to camping world and they broke it all the way off after telling me that the warranty didn't cover it.

Since I have to replace the TV I want to put in a better 4K model (I use it as a monitor) and maybe a little larger. I have a couple of inches of width space but have no idea how or if the height that the TV rises can be adjusted. The current Jensen that is there I had to hold the remote high in the air to get ti to work because the TV didn't rise far enough.
I know the top plate just pulls off and I can see the phillips head's that hold the TV to the lift.
Anyone with any experience?

GreG L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:26 AM   #2
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Such as this is the main reason I have stayed from having a TV on a lift. Shame on Camping World...........again!

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:29 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We replaced the old TV in our 2010 with one that was a little larger. It took a while and wasn't easy. That's been so long ago I not positive I remember correctly, but I changed the mounting somehow either using different holes on the TV or moving the bracket to get what I wanted. In the process, however, I bent one of the screws slightly and had to listen to a slight squeal everytime it went up or down. Glad our 2017 doesn't have one.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
There was a 40 inch in our trailer and I switched to a 43 inch diagonal 4k Samsung. On the changing of the "up" raising height, if your lift has the spiral lifting rod like our lift...you can remove the bolt on top of the rod and cut down or change out the spacer tube under the bolt. This will allow the lift to raise higher.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:58 AM   #5
Knight1
Established Member

M.O.C. #25575
TV lift

Part of this is an issue i just spent an hour or so working on this past weekend. Our 2020 3760FL has the Jenson TV on a lift behind the fireplace and it annoyed me the moment i realized i had to hold the remote (and my arm) up in the air to allow the IR receiver to see the remote. No big deal, but one of those things that bugs me once i realize it. I removed the TV (one screw holds a security plate to prevent the tv from lifting off the bracket) and went to work. Turns out after realizing the adjusting collar won't go any higher because of a spot of weld on the screw thread, then grinding enough of the weld off to move the collar up an inch, that the lift actually maxes out at the collar (at the weld). So, my solution was to remove all of the screws and put a piece of 3/4" plywood under the bracket (on the floor), screw everything back in place (measuring before and after to ensure exact placement). Putting it all back together and now the TV is just high enough that i can comfortably use the remote. There's actually enough space between the top of the tv and the wood cover on top that i could have lifted the TV another 1/2"- 3/4" if i really wanted to. As a note, i put a couple of shorter screws into the plywood to keep it in place until i reinstalled the TV lift using screws that were 3/4" longer than the original screws (avoiding any issues with screws that were too long or too short to anchor securely).
That being said, i believe the mounting plate on the TV is a standard VESA 200 which will mount pretty much any larger TV, just keep in mind the screws that are on the Jenson are probably a little longer than some other TV's may be able to accomodate.
Our TV is a 55", but based on the cabinet spacing on either side, as well as the overall height, i don't believe a 60" would fit in the space. Best way to tell is either measure HxWxD of your tv (or google it) and measure how much space you have on either side, as well as on top when the TV is fully retracted and then compare to whatever TV you're looking at. there isn't a significant dimensional difference in any similar sized LED TV available today.

Sorry, i realize i ramble a bit in my explanations
Knight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:02 PM   #6
GreG L.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21993
Very helpful, thanks everyone.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:52 PM   #7
GreG L.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21993
Replaced the Jensen TV with a Samsung 50" 7 Series 4K UHD TV and all went well with only two trips to Lowes.
The TV does not come with screws for mounting so I read the book and picked up what they recommended, too short, second trip and it mounted fine. I dropped the mounts one set of holes on the TV, that raised it enough to clear the remote sensor so I don't have to hold the remote in the air any more.

There is an HDMI cable coming from what looks like the Jensen receiver but no idea what it is for.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:13 AM   #8
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
That HDMI cable from your jensen receiver should be the DVD player, I think.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:37 AM   #9
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurtis934 View Post
There was a 40 inch in our trailer and I switched to a 43 inch diagonal 4k Samsung. On the changing of the "up" raising height, if your lift has the spiral lifting rod like our lift...you can remove the bolt on top of the rod and cut down or change out the spacer tube under the bolt. This will allow the lift to raise higher.
We didn't need to upgrade our 46" TV but I got tired of reaching for the ceiling just to change channels so I did this fix. Just removed the spacer and all works great now.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:43 AM   #10
JDDilly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25257
The tech that did our walk through told us to point the remote at the ceiling and bounce the signal to the TV. It works great.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2020 Montana HC 381TH, Sailun S637
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote