Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2005, 07:55 AM   #1
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
Beware of reimbursement

Just had our slide out pump unit replaced under warranty and was told by Dealer it would be better if we turned the labor bill in to manufacturer and get the reimbursement check rather than them getting it. This would be fine except that the manufacturer says that it is a one hour job and the dealer charged five. I paid $425 but only received a reimbursement check of $170. After calling Lippert and explaining what happened I now have the difference coming but beware of getting caught in this trap. Lip told me that, the next time make the dealer handle all of the costs.

5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:09 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Thanks for the info 5ER
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:32 AM   #3
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Roger,

WOW, this deserves to be on the TV show "Outrages Behavior" This Dealer has manipulated the system to benefit Himself. He used you to gouge Lippert.

They (The Dealer) had to know that Lippert was not going to allow this charge, so they (hate to say it) suckered you into their scheme, believing Lippert would pay to keep the end user (you) happy with their product.

My pump has been replaced two times because of leaks and I was there one of those times. It took about 30 min.

I'm not a Lawyer but I'm thinking if this "Dealer" is commonly doing this, its got to amount to Fraud.

Shame on them.

azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
5ER -

Thanks for the update. Who is your dealer so we know not to do business with them. It is unbelievable how much people will try to get by with, isn't it. Now you're stuck with "the check is in the mail". I am sure Lippert will do it right. Hopefully they will contact Montana about "their" dealer's behavior.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:39 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the info. I agree with the others about that dealer.

At the same time, this is the second or third time in this forum recently I've heard about Lippert stepping up for the customer. That's good to know.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote