Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2005, 09:14 AM   #21
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Steve

First of all its not 3 years out of warrenty.My warrenty runs out in March of 2005.This warrenty is the same warrenty that a person would get with a 2005 model.I didn`t give the warrenty-keystone did.Keystone didn`t say to me yes you have a warrenty but its really not a warrenty.

Now if I was to go the dealer and say all my windows are leaking water,i`am sure they would have been fixed by Keystone at no cost to me.That isn`t the case with me.My thoughts are that Keystone isn`t to thrilled about the pressure test and the results that may accure.I haven`t gotten the results back from the test yet.because the pressure test might show bubbles of soap on the out side doesn`t mean that water will come in when it rains.And I understand that completely.I ordered the test because i wanted to have the test done.Pending the results i`ll make my decision on my course of action.

make no mistake about it,my Montana IS under warrenty.keystone knows it.my dealer knows it.And now you to Steve know it.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 04:09 PM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Harleyrider, my apologies to you. I flat forgot you purchased a 2001 model new in 2004 and thus had the new warranty beginning in 2004. I do now remember that but did not when I read the post. I clearly read this one too quickly. Sorry.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:01 PM   #23
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Steve

No problem my friend.No apologiy needed.I figured you didn`t remember I still had a warrenty.Lets be truthful it is very unusual that a 2001 model is still under warrenty.

While i`am hear a little up-date on the fixes in progress.It looks like at this dealership they assign 1 rv tech to do the work on each rig,Depending on his ability to do the work that is needed.(I like that method)well as I type hes in Florida right now-for work related issues.He will be their for the rest of the week.So my fixes are on hold until his return.Thats fine with me,I wasn`t even expecting to hear from the dealer for weeks any way.The dealer has been back and forth with Keystone on the fiberglass issues.Crack under bed room slide.spider cracks in kitchen slide.From what the dealer is telling me that Keystone is leaning towards just replacing the fiberglass instead of having it repaired.Maybe from Keystones point of view its more cost effective to just replace rather then have it sent out and repaired.My thoughts are if they do decide to replace,will the new fiberglass match the rest of the Montana???don`t know.The dealership did tell me that the frame was in good shape,but they will brace it up near the bed room slide so the crack won`t reappear.Also the reason for the fiberglass cap seperating from the roof was due to the factory using the wrong lenghth screws.To short.

After talking to my new dealer I ALMOST had a smile on my face again.I believe things are looking up.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:21 AM   #24
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
Just a thought here... if the screws on one end cap are to short perhaps it might be a good idea to check the other end cap for the correct screws????

I would suspect the guys on the line grab a big box of screws and do more then one end cap at a time.....might prevent a surprise further down the road.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:31 AM   #25
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I don't understand this pressure test. They pressurize the inside the trailer and check for leaks outside. This test insures nothing gets out. Does this insure that leaks won't get in?

On my recent trip to Biloxi a brand new 4 slide Montana parked a few lots down so I went down to invite them to the MOC. He complained his center slide was leaking and didn't know why. It was getting dark and his wife had a lot of lights going on the inside. I think we both saw it at the same time but you could clearly see lights through the seals. No need to pressure test this rig. How can QC miss such an obvious problem? Does QC perform actual acceptance testing or is it a paper writeoff?

I am getting itchy and want to upgrade, maybe at the RV show. But I don't want to miss a couple of months of camping due to problems like this. Therefore I think I will look for a dealer that will provide an equivalent loaner, in contract, when the Monty goes in for over thiry days. Since you lose bigtime in the the first year of ownership there should be some depreciation allowance when the factory requires a long time in the warranty period to finish initial construction.

lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:05 AM   #26
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Tom & Betty

The pressure test is to find leaks.As you probably know a water leak some times is very hard to pin point where the leak is.You might ne seeing water in a certain stop-but the enterence point where the water is coming in could be quite a distance from where you see water.this test pin points the enterance point.Savibg the customer and the dealer a lot of lost time trying to figure out where the water is entering the trailer.Take a look at the dealers web site.And click on "tech Tips"You will see the machine they use.www.parkviewrv.com

Gruffy

you have a good point.You would think that they used the same screws threw the entire install.Though the rear cap is tight to the roof,but I will let my dealer know of this.thanks for the pointer
Old 01-11-2005, 11:23 AM   #27
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
harley,

Thanks for the link. It explains the test however I would rather see a negative pressure applied in a rain room to see if any leaks occur inside. I guess there is no sure way. Will have wait and hear from members if this test really works.

lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #28
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Did they say what this test would cost if someone were to come in and have the test done out of their own pocket? Thanks.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #29
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Steve

Yes the cost of the test is 90 bucks.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:39 PM   #30
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks!
Old 01-12-2005, 02:33 PM   #31
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Harley, I was thinking about you and your Montana problems today while I was pidding with mine. Sure hope all is going well with your repairs. I have gone over my rig with a fine tooth comb and so far I really don't see any problems , or potential major break downs. When I say that, I mean i have checked for leaks, wear and tear, or other signs of pending
hic-ups. Checked the roof for any signs of trouble, so far so good. I do a look see for each problem I see reported on the forum.

Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress...Good luck!!!
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:54 PM   #32
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Ray & judy

Thanks for your kind words.Its always nice to know that I have people in my corner hoping things go well.

Its like a little soap opera I have going.Watch out "Days of our Lives"Stay tuned for the second half of "harleys the old and the restless"lol
Old 01-13-2005, 01:09 PM   #33
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
Harley rider, dealer just put a new entrance door on our monty and the difference in white color is astounding,our unit is a 2004 and i'm sure faded a little but no way did we expect that big of a color difference.Our unit is washed at least once a month and was waxed four times last year with a special fiberglass wax that will not hurt the graphics. It really sticks out though,we can live with the difference just wanted to let you know about the difference, we are sure it will change color in time .How is your fiberglass repair going, our dealer is still mulling over what to do since the first repair, outsourced to a body shop and cut the bad pieces out ,did not hold.Said they are waiting for keystone to decide what to do,let us know what they decide for yours,thanks.
sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:35 PM   #34
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
SGF

Still waiting on Keystone to decide on what to do with the fiberglass fix.Their considering 2 options.One to send it out and repair the fiberglass,or two to replace the whole side.I guess their decidng on which way is cheaper for them.doesn`t really matter to me which way they go.Haven`t talked to the dealer in a few weeks now.No real need to push the issue since its still winter here and have no need for the Montana utill March i`am guessing.The only thing I know for sure is that they installed the waher/dryer.And confirmed their is no frame damage(thank God for that)Stll waitng on the results for the "seal test"So far its been a cold winter here in Pennsylvania.still have 9 inches of snow on the ground and now where in a deep frezze.When I was a kid I loved the winters.Now at 51 I can`t wait for the spring.Cabin fever has set in big time.Going to a RV show in 2 weeks.My selling dealer will be their and I think i`ll give him a little talking to about my dissappointment on his terrible service department.And that i`ve washed my hands with him and have gone on to a new and much much better dealer and service department.The sad part is he could care less i`am sure.

Anyway SGf thanks for asking about my progress.Hopefully some good news will soon be had by me.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:42 PM   #35
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Hang in there Harley....I hope Keystome does you right and I believe they will... When you get that Monty rolling, come on down here to Florida, it's finally warming up here, not that it's been all that cold...just a few days there I thought I would have to load up move on down to the Keys to get warm...
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote