Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #21
kylec2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10688
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steelpony5555

Now that the world did not end on the 21st I guess we have to find a new earth shattering problem to deal with. So if X'2354566987452 is the worst we have to worry about I'm all for it.
X2

kylec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #22
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
I just never know when I’ll have an opportunity to learn. All this X2 business reminds me that I didn't know what the word equis means on the beer commercial. I thought dos is 2, ok got that part figured out. So I started guessing about equis, probably also Spanish. The words Ecuador or Equator came to mind, or maybe it is something like equals. Then I thought through the possible names like Two Ecuador, Two Equator, oh I got it Two Equals. So in my mind I may have solved this mystery. Oh me, I’ll do a Google search and see how close I got. Then I found out it mean X. So now I have learned that the beer name could literally be translated as 2X. Then I read that the X could mean Roman Numeral 10, so the beer is actually Two Ten(s) as in the movie 10 where Bo Derek runs along the beach. Oh, and as my mind rambles I am so glad we are leaving for Florida on Monday the 31st. I'll be able to run or watch folks run along the beach. Sometimes I really have to work to stay on thread.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Holy cow! After reading that I need a beer, no make that 2X beers.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #24
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
I can't believe that you all let Robbie lead you into this.
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:08 AM   #25
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by melnjoy

X2

Mel, Reminds me of toy bobble heads....just get one bobbing, then most will bob, and some go up-and-down, and some go side-to-side, some go crosswise; in the end when they all simmer down, they're still bobble heads.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #26
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Robbie, interesting post. But I think everyone already knows who the X2 King is.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #27
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lee F.

I like them when they are used to recommend a specific product or brand. I see no reason to repeat the comments but knowing others agree with them is a big help to me.
X2
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #28
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kylec2

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steelpony5555

Now that the world did not end on the 21st I guess we have to find a new earth shattering problem to deal with. So if X'2354566987452 is the worst we have to worry about I'm all for it.
X2
agree

No I am not looking to increase MOC standing. JMHO
Old 12-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #29
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Recumbent

I just never know when I’ll have an opportunity to learn. All this X2 business reminds me that I didn't know what the word equis means on the beer commercial. I thought dos is 2, ok got that part figured out. So I started guessing about equis, probably also Spanish. The words Ecuador or Equator came to mind, or maybe it is something like equals. Then I thought through the possible names like Two Ecuador, Two Equator, oh I got it Two Equals. So in my mind I may have solved this mystery. Oh me, I’ll do a Google search and see how close I got. Then I found out it mean X. So now I have learned that the beer name could literally be translated as 2X. Then I read that the X could mean Roman Numeral 10, so the beer is actually Two Ten(s) as in the movie 10 where Bo Derek runs along the beach. Oh, and as my mind rambles I am so glad we are leaving for Florida on Monday the 31st. I'll be able to run or watch folks run along the beach. Sometimes I really have to work to stay on thread.
XX. . Hmmm, me thinks I speak too much.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #30
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
X2
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #31
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
How about a tab at the bottom like "Reply To Topic", but it reads X2. That way we can just use one click and the system would plug everything in for us.

The X2 does not mean anything to me. I end up scrolling back up to figure put what which reply they may be X2'ing to.

IMO i'd like it much better if if were not used so i don't have to scroll through pages of X2

Regards
Randy
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:03 AM   #32
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
My opinion is people just need to remember that if a person has a lot of posts doesn't make them a guru on every subject. I pretty well figured out who are the people I want to trust when I have a problem and they don't use the x2s when they answer very often, they are the ones others x2 on their posts.
And that's my honest opinion!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:46 AM   #33
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Emmel

My opinion is people just need to remember that if a person has a lot of posts doesn't make them a guru on every subject. I pretty well figured out who are the people I want to trust when I have a problem and they don't use the x2s when they answer very often, they are the ones others x2 on their posts.
And that's my honest opinion!
Very good honest opinion.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:02 AM   #34
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
My honest opinion is in agreement with the two previous posts. I just cannot bring myself to hit the "X" key on the keyboard to say that however, sorry!!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:06 AM   #35
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
I have used the 2X reply, but I follow it up with an explanation of why, especially to include information left out of the post I'm agreeing with.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #36
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Quote:

X2

Mel, Reminds me of toy bobble heads....just get one bobbing, then most will bob, and some go up-and-down, and some go side-to-side, some go crosswise; in the end when they all simmer down, they're still bobble heads.

Robbie, Do you think they might have caught on ,have not seen as much Bobbing
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:52 AM   #37
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

Quote:

Quote:

X2

Just temporary until some one else decides to get them going again..... Some people have nothing legitimate to say but want to be part of the conversation...... .....and then there's those who agree that X's help them think.

Nice to see at least one person fully understands and appreciates the bobble head analogy.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 AM   #38
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I kinda look at a forum as a bunch of folks standing around and BS'ing, just electronically. If you are sitting around the campfire and some one says something you agree with, don't you usually give a "yeah that's right" or at least a "yep me too"?? I don't give a rats patooie about the number of posts I make but if some one says something I agree with I will say so too, just like you were standing right here if I think it was a real good answer. Some folks will look at the number of people who agree as a vote of confidence. Yep, just like "And America says........"
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #39
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

Quote:

Quote:

X2

Just temporary until some one else decides to get them going again..... Some people have nothing legitimate to say but want to be part of the conversation...... .....and then there's those who agree that X's help them think.

Nice to see at least one person fully understands and appreciates the bobble head analogy.
I have thought of it in a little different manner, but Bobble head works just as well.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #40
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
i don't know about how aggravating someone posting a 'ditto' to a post is, but this 4 page thread discussing our opinions about whether voting, 'dittoing' or agreeing with a previous poster is simply the most important discussion i have ever read on this forum! ...awesome!
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote