Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #21
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy off topic, but could you send some of that rain my way ... haven't had a good measurable rain since way back in the summer. Some of the area lakes are over 7 feet low and still dropping.

dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:10 AM   #22
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
I'd love to send you some. With all of the rain we've gotten in the past week, I seriously considered spraying the bottom of the Big Sky with that stuff they advertise on TV. You know, where you put a screen door in the bottom of a boat, spray it and it won't leak? I was certain that we'd have to float out of here. It ain't over yet, more rain this weekend then snow into Christmas.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:36 AM   #23
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
When we purchased our Monty, I also looked at the JT's. My problem at that time was, I also wanted a new Guitar and Amp, and everything together was out of the question. I had two roller paint extensions in the garage and thought, now thats close to what the JT's are supposed to be doing. Made brackets for them and mounted them on the front legs and everything worked just fine, no bounce or sway to speak of. So I went and got two more for the back, took all 4 of them and spray painted them flat black, and mounted them. We are parked on cement and have no noticeable movement, and certainly not enough to warrant the difference in 64 dollars for four paint handles, versus the JT's. The only thing I did add, which would hinder movement, was tie wraps where the two meet in the middle, other than that, they go up and down and tighten just like the JT's.
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #24
RJI47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6002
Send a message via AIM to RJI47 Send a message via Yahoo to RJI47
Steve, I'm sure I'm not alone when saying we'd love to see some pictures of your "invention"
RJI47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #25
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Okey Rick, when I go back to the campground I'll get a picture or two of them. BTW, I forgot to mention, I did get the new Guitar and Amp--lol. The Monty is all winterized and sitting on the pad waiting for spring to roll around, and here I sit, on my "pad" also waiting for spring. Lots of things planned for the campground this year, with Saturday night Opera music shows, jams every Saturday, MOC Great Lakes Rally in August, and 4 day music festival in September, not to mention the pot luck jams at least once and usually twice a month. Hope to see a lot of you there. Happy Trails, Steve
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #26
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Good choice Steve and Susie. Buying the new guitar and amp means that when you play, you now have the benefit that the rig can sway with your music until you get the horizontal stabilizers. When we make our decisions we just have to accept the consequences of them. Unless you are in the "top 5%" you don't have to make choices, but I'm guessing there's only a few of those in the MOC.

While stabilizers are on my wish list, DW and I accept the fact we are in a TRAILER and that is okay for it to move a little or a lot. If we don't want that we just move back into the stickhouse.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote