Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #21
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
So sorry to hear about the Monty and your shop. Thankfully you still have your home and no one was hurt. Hope all goes well for you.

mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #22
dmaxmountaineer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9691
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dmaxmountaineer

So the water went up about 8' in my shop and ended up flooding my 5th wheel. I have never seen the water get high in that area in the long time that i've been there. Im thinking its a total loss as i dont think they can get the stench out of the carpets along with all the pumps and electircal components that were ruined. The water came up about 6 inches over the front door.
DMax,
I know it wouldn't help with the shop BUT the Monty does have WHEELS! With the warning time they gave on the storm I would have thought there would have been plenty of time to move the rig..... But then again if you'd never had a flooding problem there before..... Sorry you had this problem and hope you get fully compensated. Dennis
Thanks everyone!

Had i known that this area flooded i would have brought it home. A leve (spelling) broke next town over and caused this. Also, i didnt want to bring it home/out of the shop, because my home area is full of trees, most of which came down. My shop is enclosed so i figured it would keep it away from high winds, but i got screwed from the flooding. Still havnt heard from the insurance adjuster so i'll keep you guys updated. I have comp and collision so i should be covered.
dmaxmountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #23
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
Sorry about your Montana. It can be replaced, glad you and your family are safe.
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #24
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Sorry to hear about the flooding and damage to your rig. Check with your policy to see if all contents are covered for the shop. If so, the rig should be covered under that policy and not your vehicle policy, which would possibly go up. Good luck. Happy Trails.
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #25
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I was wondering too if they will classify that as a flood..... If they do and it was parked in a garage they will probably tell you the building insurance will be the one to cover it since it was not hooked to the truck or in a camp ground. If so like was said before hopefully you had flood insurance cause otherwise this could get nasty. I sure do hope you do...With the amouont of damage estimated insurance companies are probably gonna try and use every loop hole available..
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #26
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Good luck and glad that you and yours are ok.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #27
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Agreed! I don't trust insurance companies... With all the claims sure to come, they will be looking to avoid payment whatever way they can. Good luck!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steelpony5555

With the amouont of damage estimated insurance companies are probably gonna try and use every loop hole available..
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #28
Art
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5316
Good Luck my fellow New Jerseyian. Here in southern Jersey, the flooding and wind was not as bad as I expected. I was able to survive this one with no damage...I heart goes out to you.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #29
dmaxmountaineer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9691
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steelpony5555

I was wondering too if they will classify that as a flood..... If they do and it was parked in a garage they will probably tell you the building insurance will be the one to cover it since it was not hooked to the truck or in a camp ground. If so like was said before hopefully you had flood insurance cause otherwise this could get nasty. I sure do hope you do...With the amouont of damage estimated insurance companies are probably gonna try and use every loop hole available..
the rv was parked outside so it really didnt have much to do with the building. I'm renting a space.

And as for the truck insurance, its two seperate policies. I have a sperate policy for my rv (comp and collision) and for my truck another. I would assume that if i was driving with it the truck could cover it, but at the same time, the comp and collision also works.

Still waiting for the adjuster.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #30
dmaxmountaineer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9691
Just a little update. I did have full coverage so the flood covered the rv. The towed it away this past thursday and called me on friday letting me know it was a total loss. Now lets see how much i get in relation to what its worth. I had a policy that included up to 2k for personal property inside and received very close to that. So far progressive has been great. I just hope i dont have to argue with its value.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #31
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Thats really good news on the ins. At least they didn't try to get out of it so thats a plus. Good luck on the value, hope it works out for you!

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #32
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Sorry to read this about the Montana. I am in North West NJ and was w/o power for 11 1/2 days so I missed your original post. My rig survived with no problem. We lost 1 big tree... were very lucky. Glad to hear your insurance is handling the loss. If you are interested in a good Montana Dealer in our area let me know.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #33
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
Sorry to hear about the disturbance in your camping life.
We recently lost one to a fire in a rented storage building. My RV and my home were both covered by State Farm.
We were able to claim the contents of the trailer on our homeowners policy. Anything that did not come as standard equipment was listed. the total was 6000.00+ and we still think about things we missed.
with our deductible, we collected 4800.00 for the contents.
State Farm took care of us on the trailer payout. we were paid 4000.00 over our purchase price. they allowed us to add value for the upgrades to standard equipment that we had done.... TVs, mattress, trailer hitch, permanent equipment was added to trailer value.

fauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #34
dmaxmountaineer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9691
Thank you all again for the kind words. I've decided not to buy another for about another year or so. My insurnace company, progressive, has been very good througout this process and would highly recommend them. There have been zero issues in regards to my policy and what they paid out. I will definitly be using them in the future.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #35
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks very much for that piece of info. Insurance companies are discussed on this forum from time to time. Luckily few of us have had experience with total losses. It's good to know progressive came thru for you.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #36
dmaxmountaineer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9691
Yes, and if anyone has any questions, please dont hesitate to ask me via private message. I've learned several things when it came to this process.