Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
muddflapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7533
Water Presure

We have a 2008 3400 Monty. When we are running the water in the kitchen sink, we have very low presure. While running the water, we go and flush the toilet and the presure increases. The water stays at a higher presure until we turn the kitchen faucets off...Why is this happening and how can I get higher presure without having to flush the toilet to get the higher presure?

muddflapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
bear
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9827
I don't know the answer,only because I have the same problem.
Maybe OZ will come he seems great with this kind of issue.
Dealer has not been any help in my case,all he can say is he has never seen it before.
Hope we hear soon this is driving DW crazy!

Good luck

David (bear) in beautiful Coeur d Alene,Idaho
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
Check to see if your supply hose going to the kitchen facet is twisted or kinked. This restriction will cause the pump to to cycle slowly. When you depress the toilet the pump comes on full to increase the the demand for more pressure and the flow in the kitchen facet increases through the restriction. I found this with mine.

Tony
tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
RCN.Stoker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9497
Haven't tried the "flush" fix yet but my kitchen facet has low pressure even when on park services. No leaks or obvious kinks or other restrictions that I can find. On the bright side I don't splash the back window when I wash and rinse the dishes while the DW finishes her wine :-)
RCN.Stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
muddflapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7533
I am not using the pump, I am hooked direct to city water supply
muddflapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:57 AM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RCN.Stoker

Haven't tried the "flush" fix yet but my kitchen facet has low pressure even when on park services. No leaks or obvious kinks or other restrictions that I can find. On the bright side I don't splash the back window when I wash and rinse the dishes while the DW finishes her wine :-)
RCN, If I'm reading your response correctly the kitchen faucet is restricted all the time. Have you checked the airator on the end of the spout? Doesn't take much crud in there to restrict water flow. Jim
Old 02-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #7
bobthediver

M.O.C. #12485
I am having the same problem. Whether on city water or using the pump, the water pressure in the kitchen is very low. I have checked for kinks in the hose under the sink and checked the aerator but have not found a solution. The freshwater tank was a little low so I filled it and that seemed to help for a few days but pressure dropped back down again. The pressure in the shower seems good but downstream from there it goes down and is barely a trickle by the time it gets to the kitchen faucet. Makes cooking and washing dishes an aggravating job. My girlfriend is on my back to fix it and I don't know what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Bob
bobthediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:51 AM   #8
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Have you removed the flow restricter from the faucet this would help with some of the problem.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #9
bobthediver

M.O.C. #12485
Yes, I have already removed the water pressure restricter. I will put it back on tomorrow and check the incoming pressure. We have a 3400RL. Thanks - Bob
bobthediver is offline   Reply With Quote