Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2010, 02:35 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hey! Where has everybody been?

Dang! I finally figured out which post-it-note my password was on and got back on here. I noticed a few of my pals have had health issues, I hope all are better now. Ray, I hope that meal we had at Corner Café didn't cause health problems for you. It was tasty!
It's good to read posts from my MOC friends, brought back great memories. You know how when you hear certain songs from the past, it triggers a specific day or time? Well when I think of each of you, it brings back memories. I really have missed you all here.
Sue and I are working hard on the business we started from scratch, Heating, Cooling and Electrical. I joined BNI (Business networking) I have met many new folks, mostly business owners. I have made great friends there, much like MOC, we meet weekly, exchange leads and do work for each other. I also joined two local Chamber of Commerce groups, met good people there.
I loved buying my Montana, then working on for three month's before we even hauled it. Much the same, I loved, and am loving starting a business from scratch and making it prosper. The American way; hard work, honest business, and giving. I give away a few calls a week to those who need it, and so many do out there, I even have gone back with a couple bags of food for them, when I find people hurting.
The old Golden Rule is a good one. I'll stop by more often, good to see you all are still here.
Oh, facebook is a great way to stay in touch with people:
Jim Osbern facebook Kansas City
Ozz and Sue

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:54 AM   #2
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
OH, you're back! So glad to see your post Ozz. Happy to hear that you doing something that you love...and it doesn't surprise me that you are doing for others, as well. You are a true good guy for sure.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:59 AM   #3
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Ozz, great to hear from you. I can't imagine the happiness you and Sue must feel about the "fun" you are having in your new adventure.
I was happy to hear that your password was written on a post-it note
as I retired from 3M after a 40+ year run.

Don't stay away so long.

Ray
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:09 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Gee have you been away OZZ? Just kidding, really miss your posts and Monty improvements. Best of luck with the business and thanks for looking out for others that need help. Be safe.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:19 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
The MOC family is so head and shoulders above any group, sometimes much better than 'blood' family, when families get together for Thanksgiving, sometimes we fight....
Good to hear from my friends.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:20 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Keep spreading those random acts of kindness Ozz, it really does rub off on those who cross your path. I tip my hat to you!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:28 AM   #7
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Welcome back Ozz, old buddy.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:51 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ozz who?

Welcome back.

How much time do you have to work to set up the piggy bank for traveling again?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:58 AM   #9
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
Nice to hear from you and everyone else, believe me. I did my thing on Nov 12 and got home jan 8 the next year. Mary said I was in a coma for 2 weeks. I had a blood infection and was very close to not being here.I learned a lot about life. Glad to hear from you and waiting to see you again. You are a good friend.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:09 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wayne, my son has figured out it would be a pretty good idea to learn HVAC, those kids just have a hard time getting with the program... I hope to build the business further and turn it over to him. We will see..
Mickey, I am so glad it worked out for you, makes one appreciate life when we get a close call like that. Enjoy every day.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
How many couples look at each other and say "We have been there!" when watching a movie or travel show? It was wonderful living on the road, seeing new places, new people. I think it was the best times of our marriage and our lives, being together and sharing the experience. We shall return.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #12
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Now if we can (at the same time) get the old Ozz back, you know the one with tales, stories and adventures of everyday life. Your storytelling abilities are unsurpassed (as well as your Montana fix-um-up experience) here on the MOC Ozz. Good to see you back!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #13
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Good to hear from you Jim and glad to hear your business is prospering.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #14
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Ozz, I know it is hard work building a business from the ground up, but that is what is so great about American freedom. Success is in your hands unless of course the govn't steals it from you. Good to have you back. I just figured you had modified you Montana so much you could't offically call it a Montana. Keep up with the postings, you are a good story teller.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:10 AM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bingo, you are, as always a nice guy. I have been spinning a few tales on my facebbook account. I think they have something there, a person just drops a line onto it as the day or week progresses, It has been a great business as well as social tool.
Charlie, I still drool at the picture of your place and set-up out there where you live. Phil, you are right about business and the pitfalls it has in store for us. I was lucky to land a real good account, I care for 400 rental houses (I actually asked for the account, and was given it) from small junker homes to really nice ones. I do the water heater, dishwashers, furnaces, A/C and electrical on them. I also have a few commercial properties I do.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #16
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Jim great to hear from you and glad that you and sue are doing good. I worked in HVAC for 47 yrs and it is a dieing breed as I see it. I am talking about the ones that realy care about there work like you. I am trying to get my grand son to go into HVAC service hope it works out. Also you need to ck in we miss your expert OPs.
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #17
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz
Hey! Where has everybody been?

Ozz, you’re the one that has been missing!
Glad to see you back on the forum. I’m sure the job you’re doing is keeping you very busy and what you have done is very commendable indeed! Hope you have time to share more of your stories once again.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #18
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thank you. You two have always been supportive. I see you have a Super Duty that has...experience.
I tell people I'm not getting older, just more experienced!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #19
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

How many couples look at each other and say "We have been there!" when watching a movie or travel show? It was wonderful living on the road, seeing new places, new people. I think it was the best times of our marriage and our lives, being together and sharing the experience. We shall return.
Jim, that's us! Many, many times we have done that. We won't be back to the KC area again until next Fall, probably late October. But, when we do, we'll have to be sure to get together with you and Sue again. Maybe the Corner Cafe or Salty Iguana.

If you decide to head south some time this Winter, I think you know where we are.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:40 AM   #20
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I dearly love this great country, and am living vicariously through everyone's travels.
Look forward to dining together.