Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2008, 04:28 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Our Children

Dave and Cheryl post a nice post in the Diesel prices thread. It got me to remembering something I said many years ago, and repeat to younger generations as they have children and.....
================================
I call this, "The Circle."

When we are young, we just can't wait to get married and have a child.

Then, we can't wait for that child to get a little older so we can leave then with a baby sitter.

Then, we can't wait for them to get old enough so that we don't have to have a baby sitter anymore.

Then, we can't wait for them to be old enough to leave the house.

Then, we can't wait for them to come home and visit or stay awhile.
================================

It doesn't matter what they do, or what they need, we will be there for them when they call us.

After all, they are our children.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Of course then there are the grandchildren! We had only one child but have been blessed with 5 grandchildren. They live next door. Fortunately for us our son-in-law chose the medical profession and has no problem with finding and keeping a job.

The next stage is when our children take care of us. We are in that stage with my mother, who has Alzheimer's. It is the most difficult thing to do, and no one is ever prepared for it.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Roy and Nancy,
The nice thing about grandchildren is when they start misbehaving, getting on you nerves, etc., you can pick them up and hand them back to the parents. Of course, while you have them you tell them EVERYTHING their parents did when they were children. It's called "payback," time.

But even they, as parents, run the same scenario as my first post. You are fitting into the last one - them coming home and of course bringing the little ones.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Cheryl and I have 5 children between us. They are all very close. We are very blessed. When we have a family crisis, they all come together with a fierce loyalty. We know that when the time comes, they will all be there. Gives us a great sense of satisfaction. You always wonder if you raised your kids right. Then the time comes when you find out you did.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
That's all you can wish for.
So far, I'm lucky.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Don't have any grand kids. Have grand cats! Don't think grand kids are going to happen. Son just got a divorce and not planning to get married again! ever!. And doesn't want any kids at his age now.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote