Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
First day on the job and....

I am the bearer of Montana news.
Bulletin 1---
As of Dec 10th all Montana's are coming with the MOR-ryde RE System. I discovered this while looking over some of the Monty's brought in for the January show. If you can picture your fenders on the Monty you will remember there being mountains molded in the center of the fenders. Well these mountains are now the MOR-ryde oval logo. Look up where the spring equalizer should be and there is the RE system. This addition was even news to the GM who called Montana and found they are now standard equipment.

Bulletin #2---
Coleman Davis moves up. Not sure of all the details but Coleman has been promoted by Keystone. I understand he has been put in charge of some kind of a new project at Keystone. I will try to get further details.
Those of you that have met Coleman know this may have been good for Coleman and Keystone but I'm not so sure about how good it will be for Montana. I guess time will tell. I for one am really going to miss him.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Glenn

congrats on the job (if I did not say so before!!)

interesting news, there are gonna be a lot of people jumping for joy over the Mor-ryde news!

But, you are right, about Coleman, he was SOOOO good for Montana, we wish him the best, but of course, but hope he will not be lost to us forever!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:36 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Glenn,
Thanks for the info, sure looking forward to more changes that the Montana will be getting. Glad to see they finally realized what an asset you are and got you hired on.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:39 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This is getting better and better all the time..how about the mor-ryde pin box. Looks like Montana is going for all the marbles.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:50 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Great news for Coleman. He's a terrific guy. We had the pleasure of talking with him several times the past couple of years and had every bit of confidence he'd stand behind his words. He and Jeff Rank both. I wish Coleman all the luck in the world.

Glenn, on that Mor-ryde site you listed is the following about adding this system to existing trailers. Just in case anyone is interested in retrofitting...

---begin quote---
Aftermarket

Aftermarket installation is very simple and straightforward, with average installation time being around 4 to 6 hours. Installation can be done at the Mor/ryde Service Center in Elkhart, Indiana or by select dealers (Call or contact us for dealer information). Mor/ryde is also willing to work with service facilities in your area if we do not have a listing near you.

The parts cost for a 2 axle trailer is $450, and a 3 axle trailer is $700. The average labor cost is $350-$400 for a two axle trailer and $600 for a 3 axle trailer, if installed at the MOR/ryde Service Center. You can also upgrade to greasable hardware when installing the RE system. This "wet bolt kit" extends the life of leaf spring bushings.

--end quote--
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:55 AM   #6
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Nice to get news first hand Glenn. Hope the job goes ok with you. You are right about Coleman being a great guy. Hopefully he will still be around Montana somewhere. Have a great xmas. See you next year.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:10 AM   #7
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Thanks for the info about Mor-ryde. A couple of years ago at our state fair I talked to Mor-ryde about having the system installed on my trailer. From that conversation I found out that Montanas would enventually come equipped with the Mor-ryde. So I am not surprised that it is going to happen. It is about time!!

Congratulations to Coleman! He was at the last Tampa RV Show.
Maybe it will be a Montana Executive model to replace the Cambridge.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:35 AM   #8
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
I wonder if Mountaineers can have this mod installed. Looks like a two axle unit would run about $1000.
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:39 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Bulletin #3
Something we only had hearsay was about Cambridge. Well it ain't hearsy, it is a fact, Cambridge is gone.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:44 AM   #10
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Isn't it great to have the inside track to all the latest Keystone news. Keep us posted Glenn!!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:59 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Also note on the Keystone web site ..click on Media center and you will note the Dec 9th flash of two new products,neither of them Montana's but may give a idea of the direction Keystone is taking..
Old 12-22-2005, 05:13 AM   #12
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Glen: I wrote in November that I had been told by two different manufacturers management that the Cambridge was being discontinued and nobody believed what I had been told. Obviously those whose ears are close to the ground in the Elkhart area were right all along. Diana
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:04 AM   #13
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Well Glenn I have to send a big Thank you your way! You just saved me a ton of money, since the Cambridge is gone I guess I wont be ordering one come the first of the year. Sure sad to see it go there were some really great things this unit had to offer. Guess I will just keep the huge grin on my face with my Montana.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:05 AM   #14
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Sounds like major changes. Almost like buying a computer... hate to almost commit on a certain date, because a month later a new technology is available. Things are really picking up speed. Toledo RV show is Feb 23-26 and Traverse City RV Show is March 24-26. Sounds like what we see in Jan at these shows will not be what we see in March.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:13 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
With Montana you can almost say that from month to month although there are many changes due very soon.We doubt that we will see much at the Clevland show Jan 4-8 but we are assured that we will see the new models at the Toledo show Feb 23-26., Helen and I will gather all the info we can at the Cleveland show and who knows they may have a new model there. We are hoping we can order at the Toledo show???
Old 12-22-2005, 09:56 AM   #16
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
As they say "I heard it through the grapevine" and there are some changes coming down the grapevine. I have nothing at this point but hearsay. As soon as I hear anything definite you can bet the MOCers will be the first to know.

BTW-Coleman's replacement is Mike Gabba (I believe that's the spelling) and he is supposed to be at the show in Tampa.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:53 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Would not be surprised to see some of the Cambridge goodies as standard on the Montana..They will need to watch the pricing tho.To offer some of the Cambridge goodies as options would be a good idea..Do you think????
Old 12-22-2005, 11:02 AM   #18
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I think it would be a fantastic idea but as options and not standard. I wouldn't want the next Monty I buy to be priced up there with the so called hi-end rigs.

Here's one Cambridge standard they can offer on the Montana and I buy it in a second.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:58 PM   #19
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Glenn Go to the keystone site and click on the media site. It tells there that Coleman is in charge of a new trailer that keystone is going to build. Think it is called VR1

Also the Cambridge is not listed as models they make.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:34 PM   #20
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Glenn,

Congratulations on starting your new career. It is nice to have someone on the inside. If we decide to upgrade on down the road, I'll give you a call.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote