Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2005, 12:10 PM   #1
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
Suspension

I just wanted to let people know about the Super Springs. I have been looking and reading the diff. topics and comments on rear springs. After researching and having owned air bags before i decided to try the Super Springs. These things work great and are easy to install. I did my truck in less than and hour and that was it. There is now maint. to them no making sure you have the correct air pressure in when hauling and empty and no worries about a bag being punctured. They were a little more pricey than the air bags without the air compressor but cheaper if you bought the compressor. One of the things that impress me with this company was there customer satisfaction. Dealer was out of country and spoke with the owner of Super Springs on a little install problem and he went out of his way to help. GET A SET IF YOU NEED MORE SUSPENSION.

pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
Montana_4949
Established Member

M.O.C. #4949
Can you send us the web site for super springs, thanks
Montana_4949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
Montana_4699
Established Member

M.O.C. #4699
www.supersprings.com
Montana_4699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:28 AM   #4
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
the place i found was the cheapesist is loadandtow.com.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:31 PM   #5
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
I have installed the Timbrens and really like them, they do not effect the ride when not hooked up to the Monty. It appears with the springs the ride would be effected.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:40 PM   #6
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
The ride is not really affected do to the roller shackle system they use and the ability to have some adjustment.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #7
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
It seems to me that hese springgs and the Timbrens accomplish exactly the same thing. The purpose of the roller is to prevent a bind up that would occur if they were fixed to the original springs on each end.

I'm still motivated to go with the inflatable airbags if I find I need them on my new truck. I like the ability to change the spring constant to match the extreme conditions of loaded or unloaded truck.

I'm still trying to figure out why people suggest these spring addons or the timbrens are any different than a nonlinear factory spring-- that is , one that starts soft and increases the spring rate at a rate that is faster thn spring compression. My impression is that factory springs already do this by the design of the various leaves in the spring set. It looks like these devices simply increase the spring constant. Where am I going wrong??
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:32 PM   #8
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dave e Victoria

I'm still motivated to go with the inflatable airbags if I find I need them on my new truck. I like the ability to change the spring constant to match the extreme conditions of loaded or unloaded truck.
I agree. I believe the airbags are really the way to go. But here again, you'll get as many opinions are there are subscribers. It's really what fits you and your pocketbook best. I had airbags installed at Camping World two years ago for $260. Don't think that was a bad price.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 09:44 AM   #9
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
The super springs are not a set spring and they work only as a load is applied and this varies with the weight that is applied. In other words it is kind if like the air bags (which i have owned before and have nothing against them) the more weight you add the more air with the springs the more weight you add the more they work and that is were the roller shackle comes in as it allows for the spring to not be a fixed type like a overload would be and that is why it does not hardly effect the ride.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:16 PM   #10
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
Darrell - I've been looking at the SuperSprings also but hadn't quite gotten to the point of ordering. Your experience seems to confirm the info displayed in their ads. I just want a little help with slight sag that puts my headlights up in oncoming drivers eyes. This seems to be my answer, especially since I don't want to drill holes and put bolts through my frame in contradiction of my vehicle owners manual. Thanks for the input.
ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:41 AM   #11
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
[quote]Originally posted by ronnilu

Darrell - I've been looking at the SuperSprings also but hadn't quite gotten to the point of ordering. Your experience seems to confirm the info displayed in their ads. I just want a little help with slight sag that puts my headlights up in oncoming drivers eyes. This seems to be my answer, especially since I don't want to drill holes and put bolts through my frame in contradiction of my vehicle owners manual. Thanks for the input.

I had the same issue and now i am sitting level with my camper hooked up and it has one of the highest pin weights. If you call them and talk to Steve Barleet he will make the recommendations to fit your needs. He is a real knowledable about this.