Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2005, 02:27 PM   #1
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
Did you ever wish you had...

We decided to visit a new to us campground in the Finger Lakes region not too far for a get away 3 day weekend. Reserved an electric and water site (sewer not available). First hint that this was not going to go smoothly was when the office map had us at the end of the line backed to a power pole with 4 sites in a circle. Gitting situated is another story not to be told here. Went to connect the power and opened the box and hmmmm 20a circuit complete with previous occupants(glad I carry bee spray. Plug in adaptors and go in to start the AC because it's 86 and humid. Unit seems a little sluggish, look at the voltage monitor which says 110v. Several minutes later its at 105 so I shut down the ac. Needless to say we used the fans and wished we had an Autoformer(now high on my Christmas list). Interesting thing was we stayed until Monday when 90% of the sites were vacant/unocupied it's cooler and the voltage still read 112-114. The whole place must have been low. I mentioned it to the owner when leaving but he just shrugged. We've camped for 30 years and this is the first time we've encountered this, although from other posts it's not unknown. So watch the voltage and consider an Autoformer.

Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Mike & Donna, don't keep us in the dark, what is the name of this campground so I can add it to my "Don't Wanna Go There" list.

BTW--Got the autoformer and don't ever wanna be without it.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote