Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #21
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
We are able to store our Monty in the back yard. We have water and 30
amp. electricity available. Would like to have hook up for black water but that is still in the thought process. I park the trailer on 2x12 boards that are 8' in length. Would like to have the concrete pad but I agree with Steve, it could be liability when we sell.
Really enjoy having the Monty so close and my young grandson loves it as well!

Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:36 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
In this area, close to Lake Erie, having a large pad were you can park a Rv or Boat along side the house adds to the value.There are 4 boats and several Rv's on my street.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:11 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Boy do I have a driveway.They finished pouring the new driveway and addition.The whole thing from the rear edge of the house to the street is 132 feet long.It starts out 20 feet wide at the sidewalk then angles back to 41 feet wide to the leading edge of the house then 12 feet wide and 40 feet back along side the house to the rear edge of the house. No more twisting and turning to get the camper in without knocking down the house.Right now with the new truck the TV and TT are 54 feet long. the fifth wheel will be overall a bit shorter since some of it is over the truck. We had the room to expand, the proptery is 100x300 with an additional 30 foot easement along the back for underground utilities. My Rv and boater neighbors were over checking it out.There may be more of these in the neighborhood.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #24
jerryb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #137
I keep mine indoors, I have a 12,000 sq. ft shop but only use 1/2, so the rest is for toys.
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:39 AM   #25
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Thanks for the unput guys—we have been camping since Thursday. All of the input is VERY valuable to me. I want he best situation I can muster, and prices such as you offer are very helpful. I suppose I need to do some pricing round here as well. If I just do a pad on which to park the Monty, I might want to go the rest of the way to the fence at the back of the yard and level it out. I would have to do some work on that. I am also considering whether some version of a pole barn or aluminum structure might help to protect that “Monster” from the elements.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote