Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2005, 04:15 AM   #1
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
New Trailer Testing

Glenda and I brought our new Montana 3475 home on April 6. Since then we've been putting it through it's paces trying to find any bugs before we take it to our campsite on May 7. So far I'm pleased to say there have been very few issues.

1) I dewinterized this past weekend and put the water to the unit. Checked all joints for tighness (leaks) and only found the bathrooom sink had not been tightened properly.
2) The surround has a slight buzz in the rear speakers. It seems to work fine with a 5.1 DVD in it so I'll take my time on deciding on a replacement.
3) The famous remote thermostat was 5 deg off on the setting and had a 6 degree temp swing. Dometic has been very accomodating and I installed the new Duotherm Comfort Control Center yesterday. Love it!!
4) I notice the sewer outlet has a slight drip when all valves are closed. Not sure which valve but I'll put more water in all tanks and hope to "flush" the valves to see if that helps.

That's it so far. This trailer has fewer issues than our 2000 2750RK when we bought it. Hope it stays that way.

Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:59 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Congradulations on your new Montana. We love ours also, and have found it to be a sound unit. As with anything if you look hard enough you will find a few problems. I found that routine maintanance is worth the effort to keep the problems down to a minimum. Happy travels.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:52 AM   #3
thundercat
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1405
Congratulations on the new Montana. To find out which tank is leaking dump different color food coloring in each tank and see what color comes out. Its easy and it works.
thundercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:00 AM   #4
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Congratulations on the new Montana. Sounds like you are getting a good start on getting things in order. Keep us posted on your adventures. Safe travels.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:04 AM   #5
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Congratulations! Sounds like yours is A~OK! We found the remote thermostat off and installed the new on(works great!) No leaks just the toilet wasnt holding water but fixed that with vaseline..other than that it seem A~OK too! Happy Camping!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:36 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congrats, Chester! I'm sure that's a big load off!

Chester, I don't know if yours is a consistent drip of if you pulled the cap and got some water out. Some models, like ours, have a low spot in the drain pipe between the galley tank and the dump cap. Water gets trapped in there when the tank is dumped. When driving down the road that water works its way to the dump cap. Open the cap and a couple of cups of water comes out. Any chance this is what you are seeing?

I like the food coloring idea but wonder how much of the food coloring it would take in each tank?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:09 AM   #7
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Hi Steve, it was a constant drip but I see it has stopped now. I will have to do some more testing. The low spot you mentioned is something I experienced with our 2750. Probably will have that with the 3475 as well.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:53 PM   #8
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
glad to hear they are all minor!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote