Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2021, 01:46 PM   #21
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
As others have said, move on. You said you refunded their money. So, move on. Tell them if they want to see it, they need to come your way, and actuallty, AFTER the deal, THEY need to provide their own method transport. It's NOT your responsibility. There will be other interested buyers. This one just sounds too risky. Don't do it. Be firm and quit wasting your time with them.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 02:49 PM   #22
Camp CA
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25828
You are not being unreasonable.....the BUYERS are. This is no different than selling a house, business, etc. Write up a "purchase agreement" with a refundable deposit pending an inspection and obtain the seller and buyer's approval. Buyer should make arrangements to see the trailer, complete an inspection and take ownership only AFTER they sign a bill of sale and pay in full.
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 03:11 PM   #23
skippydoo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25725
Give them the heave ho.

They have a lot of guts. These folks do not feel right because they are not right for this sale.

I would not sell them a tricycle let alone my 5th Wheel. NOPE just NOPE
skippydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #24
D A Busman
Established Member

M.O.C. #22371
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
Yeah all good advice. They are still going back and forth with me, I have already wrote it off. I told them to come look at it, they don't need to give me anything at all, just come look. They want me to drive it to them, or hold it. I offered to hold it for them until the weekend after memorial day for a $3000 ( less than 10%) fully refundable deposit. Then they could drive and look at it, and buy it for the remaining balance, or drive away with there $3000 back. Today they sent me a text and said they were uncomfortable giving a refundable deposit of that amount, and that a local dealers hold them for $500 LOL I didn't have the heart to explain to them that the dealer will take $500 if they purchased it, and needed time to finalize the paperwork. But yeah, if they don't want to drive that short of distance, I have given up. Bottom line, they can come anytime they want and see it for nothing, zip, zero ...crazy...anyways...still for sale..
Next they will want to send you a cashiers check and send someone to pick it up for them. Trust me these are not buyers!! No one would not be willing to drive up there and see it. This is common behavior with Craig’s list and Offer Up. Pay pal can be hacked too so for me a cashiers check I can go cash before they leave with the unit. Can’t be too cautious now days. Good luck!!
D A Busman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 05:51 PM   #25
skippydoo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25725
Quote:
Originally Posted by D A Busman View Post
Next they will want to send you a cashiers check and send someone to pick it up for them. Trust me these are not buyers!! No one would not be willing to drive up there and see it. This is common behavior with Craig’s list and Offer Up. Pay pal can be hacked too so for me a cashiers check I can go cash before they leave with the unit. Can’t be too cautious now days. Good luck!!
WOW good catch "NEXT they will want to send cashiers check and send someone to pick it up for them"

I forgot about those thieves too.
skippydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 06:02 PM   #26
RBul31
Established Member

M.O.C. #26968
Angry Sell RV, Delivery before Sale is complete

I had a similar event happen. They were trying to buy from long distance. We had many conversation but they wanted to buy my Class C sight unseen. They would send a Cashiers check and have someone pick it up. They would send me the delivery money and I could pay the person that stops by to take it to Utah. I received a cashiers check for $3,000 more than asking price.
I check with the bank the check was drawn on...No good.
I use to work for the Post Office so since they sent it to me Priority Mail, I turned everything over to the Postal Inspection Service and the Local Police. I don't know what happened but I hope they captured him and put him away for a long time. Scamming is something I can not stand.
RBul31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #27
tom woodward
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25118
Lot of good advice. Here’s some; Money talks and Bullshit walks
tom woodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:43 PM   #28
paulinbaja
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14041
Deliver ONLY with a fully executed contract. They drive to you to make payment in full, including delivery fee, then you deviler the unit. You have the money they have the signed pink slip. Sight unseen creates many issues of its own.

I believe you do it anyother way you will be unhappy with yourself.
paulinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 11:24 AM   #29
Docweems
Established Member

M.O.C. #12222
RV sale process

I agree with most of the others. If they are really serious they will drive to see it. That is not unreasonable. I drove my daughter and family 2.5 hours to see and purchase a $350 dining room table, because it was what she had been looking for and the owners were selling their home and furniture. If they are serious a 4 hour drive to look it over and make the deal is nothing.
Doc.
Docweems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:56 AM   #30
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
These were legit people, I did see them on the video walk through, and spoke on the phone. Checked them out on FB....they are just young millennials that feel entitled I think LOL Bottom line, they want it, but don't want to come and do the work to get it. I dropped them, A week later, they stated they really wanted it. I told them to come see it. That asked if I could meet at a camp ground 40 mins from my location to shorten their drive. I explained I couldn't, since if they wanted it, I would need to unload it so they could take it. A few days later they backed out again, said "the drive and fact you need to unload it is just too complicated" LOL all my friends and I have had a good laugh. I wish I could see them face to face and just say WTF. Anyway...Still have a nice unit for sale if anyone is looking or knows people looking!! Freshly detailed and turn key LOL
2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie CTD 6.7
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:08 AM   #31
Camp CA
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25828
kozzy.............hate to have them as a prospective buyer for my house, boat or anything else. Sounds like they are long distance tire-kickers.
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:30 AM   #32
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
First with the cash gets my sales.. no more holding...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:25 PM   #33
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
If you want something bad enough you will do the leg work. We bought a camper a few years ago, it was in La, we are in NY, sent a deposit, drove out to LA, looked at camper, presented bank check, hooked up & headed home. It all depends how bad you want it, if they won't come see it they probably don't really want it.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:38 PM   #34
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
They are negotiating it is a normal thing.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote