Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2006, 05:24 AM   #1
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Garage model 5th wheels

Curious if anyone on this forum is familiar with Keystone's Raptor line of 5th wheels and can provide any feedback. Quality and workmanship? Is anyone aware of other Keystone lines that provide a garage floor plans? Any intent that the Montana might come out with these floor plans?

315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:15 AM   #2
gitrdun
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4075
Yes I have seen the Raptor, with two slides. A very good looking unit and nice ammenities. If I were looking for a toy hauler this is the package I would buy. They have a pricetag around 40,000. I don't think Montana will go this route because this is a completely different unit.
gitrdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:52 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Have also seen them, and agree, a nice unit!!! If I wanted a toy hauler for whatever reason, that would be it! Saw one down here filled with dogs, a dog show on wheels! 12 dogs, wonderful metal crates in the back, very slick set up!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:23 AM   #4
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Have also seen them, and agree, a nice unit!!! If I wanted a toy hauler for whatever reason, that would be it! Saw one down here filled with dogs, a dog show on wheels! 12 dogs, wonderful metal crates in the back, very slick set up!
We are looking at this for dogs as well. I can't find any other kind of rig that is this accomidating.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:27 AM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Has been my contention for a while, that a rig like this would be just what the dog show person ordered! I would have it plumbed (somehow) for a grooming sink, tons of room for grooming table, and lots of crates, great cabinets for storing of food, grooming equipment, emergency gear, xpens, I know it would be sweet! Granted the interior of the home portion of the unit is not the quality that is in our Montana, but, it is more than sufficient and they have some great space saving ideas, would be VERY comfy for dog shows! I could go there, NO PROBLEM! (IF, I were still doing shows, which we are not!)
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
My Montana dealership sells the Raptor. From the few times I have been in one they are a nice looking unit. The room in them is amazing, would be ideal for a dog set up.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #7
owenwetzel
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3344
This also sounds like the ideal unit for the craft and marketers who do the festival circuits. Several years ago my wife and I sold our Watkins Products at festivals around Indiana. Had to take camper down 1st then trailer full of equipment and product later. Sure would have made it easier,
owenwetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:00 PM   #8
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
If we would have had our tricked out golfcart for the camp grounds when we bought the "Challambridge", I would have strongely considered the three slide system in the big one they make. Would make a good garage to keep and haul it in!
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dale,
Just bought a golf cart and trailer yesterday. I dont think buying that would make me want to trade my Montana in. =) But you are correct, the Raptor would sure make a nice garage for bringing the golf cart and wave runners along.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote