Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2019, 04:08 PM   #1
Rsparks1

M.O.C. #23625
2005 Montana 3400RL AC/Heat Thermostat

Hey just fyi... if your original remote control thermostat should crap out they don't make the same one anymore. You can purchase the following two parts:
Dometic 3312020.000 control board $104Amazon
Dometic 3314082.011 Thermostat $106 Amazon
In less than an hour maybe two you will have swapped then out and will be up and running on a much more user friendly controller.
Pics are from new and old Thermostats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190313_175513.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	3317   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190312_154033.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	3318  

Rsparks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:33 AM   #2
Hawkpat
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11612
What did the thermostat do that caused you to replace it? I have a thermostat like your new one and about a month ago it just went blank. Nothing on the screen. Of course the AC shut down as well. I was getting ready to check fuses when it popped back on again and has worked well ever since.

What was involved in changing it out? Guy I talked to said it was like a phone line connection?
Hawkpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:43 PM   #3
Rsparks1

M.O.C. #23625
My thermostat/control module just stopped working... the manual thermostat or the remote would not turn either ac or furnace on.* After checking breakers and fuses..all ok.. I checked voltage at the control module and had 120AC volts as well as 13.3 DC voltage.* I also used a spare phone cable I had and plugged*it in where the cable to my thermostat plugs in and found voltage going to my thermostat.* From this I figured the thermostat was shot and found it is also obsolete.* Emailed Domectic and they sent me the part numbers I needed.* It is a phone line cable that communicates between the control module and Thermostat.* If you have some electrical experience you should have no problem installing in a short amount of time.

As far as yours going blank for a short period of time... could you have lost of electricity from your main power briefly?* If not I would check the phone cable at the control module and back of thermostat (unplug, inspect plug back in).* Hope this helps ya.
Rsparks1 is offline   Reply With Quote