Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2018, 03:02 PM   #21
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
If you have access to a small generator you can plug the 110- 15 amp into that

Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:27 PM   #22
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
We just spent 3 days in temps of around 90 a few weeks ago. We had a few shade trees around. Our unit cooled just fine with just the main a/c running through the ducted vents. Infact the wife turned it down to 65 and did not tell me, the next time I went in you could hang meat in there, it was down to 70. LOL Could not imagine running both. Probably have icicle's hanging from the ceiling. LOL
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:55 PM   #23
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
It is 93.9 degrees outside right now and the temp inside the camper is 75 degrees. Both units running and hooked to 50 amps
Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:53 PM   #24
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Nearly same exact conditions at my sticks and bricks home right now as I type this. My stat is set at 75 and for us is very comfortable (just saying). Sounds like it is working fine trying to cool off a much less insulated RV space. Rv,s are no where near as tightly built as most homes. There are air leaks EVERYWHERE !! and not much you can do about it.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:28 PM   #25
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I'm convinced that once you have done everything you can to get max air flow the only thing left to do is put in the 3rd AC . We did and things have been comfortable every since. DW thought it was too cold in here today and the heat index was 110.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:55 PM   #26
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_banning View Post
Fellow camper recently showed me these 15A/30A combo to 50A female so he could run front and rear air when at a 30A campground. Here is a eBay link I found to show design, but sold at many camper stores. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Cord-Adap...-/232195152653

Now, another guy tried this next to me and the 20A breaker was a GFI in the box... it kept tripping. We had to pull the GFI breaker and replace with a straight 20A to fix the issue (even when camper not plugged in) don't know why the GFI tripped. We metered the 15A plug and it is wired to second pole on the 50A plug. I have now seen this twice where GFI breakers trip when this adapter is used... somehow the common neutral and common ground causes a GFI to trip.

I made my own at using home depot parts, it is a dual 30A's and a 15A converting to a 50A because the spot had dual 30's in box BUT make sure any unused plug is covered with a blank female as the prongs are hot if exposed.

I haven't taken any pedestals apart to check, but I doubt there are 2 drops running to the peds in most campgrounds. I'm betting there is a 50A drop, with the 20 and 30 amp provisions reduced from it. So with your 30/20 adapter you are stressing the wire to the service. Just my .02 cents

Mark