Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2006, 05:09 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Things learned at the RV show

The two folks who will replace Jeff Rank are..Mike Spenser, Mountaineer,,Eric Coletookean (sp) Montana.I do not know these folks.
The feel among the Keystone reps is that this will be a very good thing.
Montana's ordered after the 1st of Feb will be built with all the new goodies. Montana is now powder coating the frames.Mor-Ryde explained that the rubber part of the suspension system is not bolted on till AFTER the powder coating is applied. they have not yet worked around the issue of the Mor-Ryde pin box. The powder coating process would melt the rubber on the pin Box. You can have the pin box installed as after market.

Mark Krol was the Montana rep there for Montana/ Mountaineer.Those who know him know that he is a rising star in the Keystone system.

There are floor plans out for the 3600 and the 3075..should be on the web site soon. The 3075 has the same kitchen layout as the 2980.

We saw the mirror thing on a Couger..it is called "Hitch vision"

No more washer water draining into the black tank..it does not go into any tank but directly to the dump gate. Improved climate control and enertainment system. Montana IS working on improving quality//Quality is a BIG issue around the RV industry.

Our choice had been the 3670 which went away..We will now buy the 3400 at the Toledo RV show in late Feb.

There were some mixed reviews but in all the show was a good show for the dealers(at least the ones I spoke with)Entry level stuff in all brands was the best seller.

Spoke to several dealers that handle Keystone brands as well as others..asked them about warrenty service all of them said that Keystone was the best manufacturer to work with although several of them described it as Keystone Being "the best of the worst"

The dealers also said that Keystone is the most responsive to dealer and customer suggestions and there is the feeling that Keystone's quality is improving. One large dealer of several different brands said the less that 1/3 of his Keystone products come back for warrenty work and that is a very good number (i don't think so)

As every one of the dealers mentioned quality is a big issue.the consumer is becoming more amd more quality aware and the general feeling is that if some of the mainstream Rv companies do not improve quality they will fall by the wayside.The good news is that they feel Keystone is doing the best job in improving quailty.

These are just my observations.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:03 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Rich. Get info! I sent you a PM.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:05 AM   #3
Montana_4397
Established Member

M.O.C. #4397
Thanks for the update Rich. Does the 3075RL have space for a stackable washer and dryer. and did you notice it's total length? Thanks, Ted
Montana_4397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:24 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Thanks Rich, That's some great info.

One question, could Eric Coletookean be Aram Koltookian? Aram was a district sales manger whom some of us also met at the rallies in Goshen. If that is the case the Montana's and the Montana owner's are once again in some very good hands.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:38 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Thanks Rich, That's some great info.

One question, could Eric Coletookean be Aram Koltookian? Aram was a district sales manger whom some of us also met at the rallies in Goshen. If that is the case the Montana's and the Montana owner's are once again in some very good hands.
Yes Helen wrote the name phonetically and she says that Aram sounds right.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:49 AM   #6
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Thanks for the report, Rich. The commitment to quality sure sounds positive. Hope we didn't buy too soon.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The floorplans for the 3600 and the 3075 are being faxed to me ASAP.I will attempt to post them when I get them.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:38 AM   #8
Montana_4397
Established Member

M.O.C. #4397
Thanks for the PM reply Rich. It seems that the 3075RL may be a remake/update of the 3380 that I was so interested in. I'm most anxious to see the flooplan. Might find a reason to drive over and talk w/my dealer again tomorrow. Thanks, Ted
Montana_4397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:54 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
king27 Your dealer MAY have a floorplan. The Montana rep at the RV show had a floorplan but the Montana dealer did not..howver my dealer in Toledo does have the floorplan and will fax me a copy. If you are anxious to see the floorplan your dealer may be able to have Keystone fax them one????
Old 01-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #10
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Thanks for the excellent recap. It sounds like Montana is directing their efforts in the Right direction.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #11
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
It is sure nice to hear that Keystone is taking the Montana to the next level. They keep improving things and we the consumer keep winning. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:10 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Being a person that is picky on quality I feel a lot better about Keystone's efforts particularly since we have identified the model we will purchase and will be ordering in about a month.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:20 AM   #13
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks Rich for the excellent report. Great info and glad to hear Keystone is improving their quality.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote