Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2020, 07:01 PM   #21
morzio

M.O.C. #26587
slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain# View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation on whether to install a slider hitch for a short Bed 2500/3500
I have the Pull-Rite system for 2 years in my Ram 2500HD-- no issues at all-- Love it

morzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #22
Traveltimers2
Established Member

M.O.C. #19203
Have had two pull rights on two differnet short bed 2500 and 3500. Would not live without it now. At first 90 degrees was surely a scarey thing, but have done many now with my gm 3500. Works great and would not live withoiiut it.
Traveltimers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:48 PM   #23
DCT

M.O.C. #26473
We have a 2020 2500Hd Std bed. Several dealers said we "should" be OK with a Std hitch. The use of the world "should" kinda freaked me so we went with a Pull Right slider. Still not sure we needed it but as some one else stated, Its good insurance.
DCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:37 PM   #24
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
PullRite auto slider number is foolproof and really no adjustments. I’ve never once regretted it and have had it in 2 shortbed trucks over 9 years and over 35K mikes with many tight turns. Never had to concern myself. If you have a puc system in your truck, the ease of mounting or removing the hitch is simple and easy. I really like the clean bed technology once the hitch is off, i.e., no rales. If you travel a lot then spend your money on good tires, suspension, disc brakes and an auto slider slider hitch. That’s the way to go.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:48 AM   #25
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
I have towed a 5er with a short bed Ford for 20 years or so, never needed the slider. My first hitch was a sliding hitch, bit I never had to use it. That said, if it would give you better peace of mind to get a sliding hitch, just go ahead and do it.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:00 PM   #26
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
Quote:
Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
I have towed a 5er with a short bed Ford for 20 years or so, never needed the slider. My first hitch was a sliding hitch, bit I never had to use it. That said, if it would give you better peace of mind to get a sliding hitch, just go ahead and do it.
Maybe your experience, but you wouldn’t be able to get into our lot in FL without a slider on a short bed. Just sayin’, there are times when the turns need to be that acute.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 03:53 PM   #27
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
Have a pullrite SUPERGLIDE automatic slider. Tried the 90 degree and still have about 14" between the truck (FORD CREW CAB SHORT BED) and the 40' montana high country.

Hitch is heavy about 265lb added weight but the piece of mind is worth it.

Caution some companies will sell you cheaper mounting rails with the Pullrite hitch.

Make sure the load capacity of the rails equals the load capacity of the hitch. Chain is only as good AS THE WEAKEST LINK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7--hitch rails.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	7460  
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote