Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2013 Annual MOC North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
TerryClaudia
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12055
Questions about Rally

This will be our first Montana Rally. We have a few questions for those that have attended before.
1. Is there a grocery store near by the rally?
2. Can you get there a day ahead of the rally?
3. When does Montana start offering deals for upgrades on Monty's?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thx,
Terry & Claudia

TerryClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
There are a couple of really good grocery stores and two Walmarts within a few miles of the fairgrounds. Usually you can come in a day or two early and you can call the fairgrounds to check on that: http://4hfair.org. Also usually by sometime in August the Wagon Master's should know what deals will be offered and can post them at that time.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
TerryClaudia
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12055
Dick & Joyce,
Thank you so much for the information. I got the phone number from the website you sent us. Does anyone know of a good campground not to far from the fairgrounds? We thought we might just stay at one the night before the rally. I assume most people do the same thing, since so many are going to arrive on the same day.
Thx,
Claudia
TerryClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
worknomore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2216
Montana does not offer 'deals' on upgrades; they are not setup for retail sales. Tiara RV, where one of the outings is held, usually offers some accessories on sale, also a store called RV Parts Nation in Elkhart.

Some of the vendors offer rally specials. A list is being compiled & will be posted soon...
worknomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
The Elkhart Campground is a good place to stay before or after the Rally. You can't hear the trains from there. Also, sorry I should have mentioned the deals are from companies like Mor/ryde, lippert etc.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Call the fairgrounds, sometimes we can get in a few days early. SOMETIMES!!

And, if we can, many of us do. We are set up to park lots o rigs in a day, that is not the issue. The issue is can we get IN the fairgrounds a day or so early.

Stay tuned, you will see much chatter about this. LOL

Elkhart campground, is nice, has lots of sites and is NOT close in my book, anything that takes 30 to 45 minutes to drive is not close.

That said, if you have not been to Shipshee, they have several campgrounds out there and you have Shipshee! LOL And, close to the same distance out.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #7
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mrs. CountryGuy

Call the fairgrounds, sometimes we can get in a few days early. SOMETIMES!!

And, if we can, many of us do. We are set up to park lots o rigs in a day, that is not the issue. The issue is can we get IN the fairgrounds a day or so early.

Stay tuned, you will see much chatter about this. LOL

Elkhart campground, is nice, has lots of sites and is NOT close in my book, anything that takes 30 to 45 minutes to drive is not close.

That said, if you have not been to Shipshee, they have several campgrounds out there and you have Shipshee! LOL And, close to the same distance out.
Our 2nd year of coming to the rally, we stayed in Shipshewana for about a week. Had a good time there and drove the countryside and saw the shops "before"the rally.
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
Samiterry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13257
There are 3 campgrounds in the Shipshewana and between Middlebury and Shipshewana, that I would suggest. Loads of things to see and do in the area except on Sunday (it's Amish area and no Sunday sales). We have stayed at the Shipshewana Amish Log Cabins and North and South campgrounds. We have stayed at Eby's Pines and also at Twin Mills Campground. The one I would avoid is the KOA near Middlebury, located only a few miles from the Toll Road. Lots of highway noise and Semi jake brakes 24/7. I have phone numbers for the above mentioned campgrounds, if you want them, I could private message them to you. Depending on where you would choose to stay, you would be 15-20 miles from Goshen (Rally). We live about 2 1/2 hours from Shipshewana and Goshen, so we go to that area at least once or twice a year. Willing to suggest some of our favorite places to go to in the area, if you are interested, let me know. Good luck!Sammie
Samiterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:18 AM   #9
Chesva
Established Member

M.O.C. #10839
Will be heading to the Fall Rally soon. Will be leaving from Tidewater area of VA and was wondering what is the best route to take, east to WV and then north or north to PA and then west? Any recommendations on campgrounds along the way?
Chesva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #10
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
I'd go north thru PA rather than thru W. VA. The W. VA Turnpike concrete sections will rattle your teeth and give you whiplash before regurgitating you out into Charleston.

I'd also say its probably a tad quicker going thru Pa. We are going to be visiting Williamsburg before heading to Goshen and will go the Pa route.

Not sure of your tastes in Campgrounds. Ours tends towards less amenities and more natural settings if we must choose between the two. We will probably stay at West Branch State Park in Ohio... about 7 hrs from Williamsburg leaving 4 1/2 hrs to Goshen. It looks like a nice place and we like to explore new Campgrounds. It has some sites will all the hookups and has great ratings.

In Bedford Pa we've stayed last summer for one night in Shawnee State Park. A pretty campground just off of I76 and the LIncoln Highway. You could day trip from there to the flight 93 memorial. Shawnee has some electric sites. It's about 4hrs from Williamsburg. It's a pretty campground with grass between the numerous hardwoods and a dump on the way out. Mostly gravel roads.
Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Many of us may have reservations at the service center or one of the other vendors for warranty work or upgrades and will come in a few days early. There us a rally before us that ends the 21st of Sept but previous experience tell us that many of them stay over for a few days. It is also a very large rally and they the fairgrounds is closed to public camping during that rally. As carol says Elkhart campground is not exactly close but it is a nice campground. There is also a KOA in middlebury that is reasonable and we usually stay there if we are a few days early.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:40 AM   #12
Chesva
Established Member

M.O.C. #10839
Great info, PA it is! I have reservation at West Branch SP for 9/20-23. I'll have to see about making reservations at Elkhart CG for 9/23-24. See ya at the rally....
Chesva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #13
Montana_10714
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10714
When is the best time to call the fairgrounds about coming in several days early? Should we wait until sites are assigned - so will can try and get in that site early?
Thanks
Montana_10714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Joe in TX

When is the best time to call the fairgrounds about coming in several days early? Should we wait until sites are assigned - so will can try and get in that site early?
Thanks
Do it now....many have already done so.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #15
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Be advised, however, that if you are going to spend extra days at the fairgrounds you have to really like trains.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #16
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We happen to love the trains at the fairgrounds. Your mileage may vary. Many are put off by them. They do not bother us at all. Never even wake us up at night.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #17
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Also remember that you may NOT get your site that you are assigned by the Administrators if you arrive early at the fairgrounds. You may have to move from your early arrival spot to the assigned spot prior to the Fall Rally starting. YOU CAN NOT STAY IN THE EARLY ARRIVAL SPOT IF IT IS NOT YOUR ASSIGNED FALL RALLY SPOT-- NO IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS! Your Fall Rally site is assigned by the Administrators of MOC and not the WMs and not by the fairground staff either so remember this when you arrive early or reserve early arrival dates. There is a rally(Great Lakes Motorcoach- big Class A's) at the fairgrounds prior to our Rally and I think they do not have to be out till Monday morning so beware of that also.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:51 AM   #18
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
As happens with our Rally, many from the previous Rally will stay a couple of extra days so as Rondo says, you can show up and find someone in your spot who doesn't have to leave until Monday.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #19
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Got a question. I am wanting to put the Lippert Level Up system on my rig and I know Lippert is offering a discount but I have to wait until someone at the MOC posts it. Do we know when this will happen?
Woodyswanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #20
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Specials are available, yepper.

See this post.

Where we find:

Lippert (LCI) - TBA

Gotta wait just a bit more Linduh.