Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2006, 05:46 PM   #141
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I was in Fort Myers this weekend as I was asked to be Godmother to my Great Niece. I took my SIL to see the 3400 model that we bought at a dealership near by here in Austin.

When I tried to open the window on my side of the bed I found that there was a window treatment but no window. I just took it for granted that I didn't have a window.

I looked at the 3600 at this dealership and it did have two windows in the bedroom slide. Each of those were near the headboard of the bed.

Now that people are posting about the wardrobe it makes sense about having a window treatment without a window.

I just didn't want to post that I had a missing window if I didn't have to.

It so nice to have others that have the same Monty. You get answers to questions long before you could get an answer from a dealership.

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:03 PM   #142
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I do not have a "window treatment w/o a window" on my wardrobe. I have the 1 window w/ treatment on the right side of the bed, nothing on the left. Just the wardrobe wall, must be something that is now on the newer models??
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:40 PM   #143
labouttejr
Established Member

M.O.C. #5936
We bought our 3400 in march and are very happy.
It did not come with the gel-coat so i do not have an answer.
We love the King size bed, we need the space to sleep.
We had the 2nd A?C added at the dealer, expenise, but worked very well on our trip Az earlier this month 110 degrees +.
We did not get the basement slide, but I plan on having one before we go on our next big trip, I did not like crawling inside the basement for things.
We did not get the slides awining, i think they would be noise if it is windy.
The central vac. is great.
It was W/D prep. may be used later on, for now it storage for the dogs gear.
It came gen. prep. I do not think We will ever need it (but you never know).
It came with alum. wheels not needed, but matches the truck wheels.
The large refg. would have been nice, but was not on this one.
The fire place is good, to burn off the chill in the morning or to be comfortable in the evening (in colorado), and not having to run the heater.

It all comes down to personal prefance. You can start with the basic and add on as needed.
labouttejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:50 AM   #144
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sounds like you have a very nice unit, labouttejr. And, best of all, you are a happy Montana owner, as are many of us. We'd love to have that king size bed. Our dog takes up too much room!

Welcome to the forum!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:56 AM   #145
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Here I go with the "what" questions.What..is a "window treatment".We have the one window but it is very hard to open and close. You would think we are new at Rv'ing.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:11 AM   #146
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Rich,

Window treatment = drapery or curtains.

Have your dealer look at that window, both of our side windows (bedroom slide) would not go up more than 2 inches TOTAL. There is a residue of slag from the manufacturing process that tends to mess up the windows. Our dealer took all the caulking and such stuff OFF the window (talking the inside part, the track, and up the sides of the track) and cleaned off the slag (metal) and recaulked it. Windows worked great after that! (This was one repair/fix that our dealer did superbly.)
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:24 AM   #147
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Carol, could you get a pic of that, please?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:01 AM   #148
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I could try Dave, but you won't see anything but black window framing and black caulking stuff. My best suggestion since I don't think the photo will work is to go look at your windows on delivery, try to open, if they don't go up, ohhh, sayyy, 5 to 6 inches, or they are sticky and such, then have adjustments done before you haul that new toy off the lot.

Some of our windows they sprayed with dry silicone, that helped in movement.

The only 2 they really had to fix were those little bedroom ones. If the window does not go up more than 2 inches, then take your hand and feel all around the window frame (inside). IF you feel a big lump facing the inside, you have slag. The caulk and stuff should be rather smooth and not LUMPY. Again, this is in the framing portion of the window.

They also adjusted the window behind the couch, I don't remember the particulars, but I think it only had to do with the handle. It is a "turner", a jalosie (is that spelled right?) window. You have to turn the handle to open the window. I lived with windows that did not function correctly on the prior TT, the one behind the couch did not work for most of the 14+ years we owned the unit. I was not about to put up with that silliness again. So, that window was on my "hit" list of things that had to be fixed or we were not going to accept delivery of the unit. Not sure just what all they did to that window, but they did replace the little knob, they gave me a choice, one with a shorter stem that did not interfere with the day/night shades or one that was longer that did interfere. I took the long one, put in the cupboard above the window, pulled the shades down all the way and grab the handle when I need it. I took the longer one, cause for me they are easier to turn. Works for me.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:42 AM   #149
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Carol! I am copying this off for my PDI file.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:27 PM   #150
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Hold it..Hold it..I feel like I am in the middle of a Abbott and Costello who's on first routine. with this window with a treatment or window without a Treatment. MY late model 3400 has ONE window in the front end of the bedroom slide,NOTHING on the other side..The wardrobe is there..it is a..BLANK wall..No fake window,, No treatment(i just found out what that is so I am using my new word) without a window..A blank wardrobe wall.. Should I have another window there with treatment (new word, new word) or just a treatment..which would look dumb as you would have a treatment with a blank wall in the middle..I am soooo confused....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #151
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
A blank wall on the wardrobe side is quite socially acceptable...and the norm.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #152
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

A blank wall on the wardrobe side is quite socially acceptable...and the norm.
WHAT!!! Judy, are you saying we have "socially acceptable" and "norm" stuff we have to worry about while FTing in our Monty?!?!

Man... that's discouraging...
Old 06-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #153
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I also have the blank wall on the left side of the bed. Well almost blank, there is the night stand on that side as well as under the window on the right side of the bed.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #154
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
HAH!!! Beat you by 6 sec, Dave!

So, what unit/model # does have the "false window" with the window dressing, but no window? Not the older 3400s, right?
Old 06-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #155
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
To the best of my knowledge, there is NO unit that has the fake window treatment over there. They either have a window on each side of the bed or a wardrobe on the left side.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:05 PM   #156
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
So how did we get off on this false window dressing "rabbit trail"??? I noticed all the women have abandoned us now... I know they are all sitting back saying, "Sheesh!!! Now I know why God designed it so the WOMEN mostly raise the children through their "impressionable" years..."
Old 06-28-2006, 05:07 PM   #157
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Im just along for the ride............
Old 06-28-2006, 05:19 PM   #158
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dave, we don't have to worry about being sociably acceptable...we already are. At least as long as our circle doesn't extend past this forum!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #159
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sounds like it is time to circle the wagons!!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #160
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Judy! I feel much better.

So, Dave... You're bailing on me???

Reminds of the time the Lone ranger and Tonto were surrounded by hostile Indians. As they moved in, the Lone Ranger turned to Tonto and said, "Well, Tonto. It looks like we've had it..." Tonto responded, "What you mean by "WE", Paleface..."