Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2005, 01:34 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Once again flying through cyber space!

Hello all of you Happy Campers!

I have finally got my cable connection back. It's been slow and painful using my wireless cell phone connection. It seemed to work better in Orlando but here in Brevard County (Melbourne) it went from bad to worse. In fact I got so tired of being bumped off line or seeing a nice little reply to the forum just disapear before I had the chance to hit the submit button I just stayed off line most of the time.

I also have finally found suitable employment. I started yesterday. The agency is flying me to Utah this Sunday for a 3 day training at the university in Salt Lake. I like the Utah part but not the flying part. I checked the temps and it looks like I'm going to have gather up some of those winter type clothes I often here about and see people wearing on TV.

It's been a wild time these past few months. My dad's house is not fixed yet, but it's getting there. The wait now is materials. There is shortage because there was so much damage throughout the state.

I have been reading the forum trying to catch up with what going on with all of you. I see we have a lot of new Montana owners. I also see there are many of the same problems and kudos.

I have had to tell Keystone that I cannot think about moving out of Miss Montana until late spring or early summer. I have had and still have too much on my plate to deal with that again.

So hello to all my old friends and hello to all the new members. I am alive and well and doing what I can to find "normal" again. This cable connection is a start.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 01:48 AM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Fla native, It is good to hear from you and to know that you are well, congratulations on the new job. Keep us posted when you can.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:01 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Was wondering how you were. Glad to hear that things are looking up finally.
Salt Lake ain't that bad, I just looked at their temps. Only in the 30's and 40's this time of year. It could be -30.

Glad to see you back,
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:14 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Congrats fla native on that new job, good to see you here posting again. Lots of us wondered about you and how you were doing.

Enjoy that new job and let us hear from you now and then!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:53 PM   #5
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Good to see you back up and running Fla Native. Enjoy your trip out to Salt Lake. I love the area there.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:40 AM   #6
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Thanks for the welcome back. I am hoping to stay connected on my trip. It's going to be a chance for me to try out my Airport Extreme and or Ethernet connection. There is Ethernet in my hotel room, just hope I can figure out how to get it up and running with little effort on my part.

I talked to a young lady at the hotel last night and she said it was so hot yesterday she had to have her sun-roof open on her car. I asked about the temps and she said, low 50's. Hmmm! Salt Lake heat wave, maybe! Now where is that coat?

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:34 AM   #7
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Welcome back and congratulations on the employment. Good Luck!
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:00 AM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
fla native,
Welcome back. I thought you'd "moved on". Good to hear from you and hope the things you listed are things you wanted.... job wise that is. I'm sorry to hear your dad is having a tough time getting supplies to rebuild or repair his place. Hopefully that will be taken care of soon. Enjoy your trip to Salt Lake. Do find your cold weather clothes. While 50 degrees may be a "heat wave" to the natives....that is still on the cool side.... Besides you can get a cold front come thru in a heartbeat!

Anyway... welcome back. Get on more often and let us know how you're doing.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 04:14 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations on the new job, BJ! Good to have you back.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 04:38 PM   #10
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Welcome back. We all missed having you here. Good luck in Utah.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote