Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2004, 12:42 PM   #1
party of 5
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1764
Northern Breeze vent fan

I took our fiver to the dealer to have the roof fan looked at and some other minor problems fixed. The fan mysteriouly goes up and down by itself for no reason. The has been an ongoing problem since we got the trailer in May but I just took it in Nov 9. As we did not want to be w/out for the summer. The shop had it for 6 weeks and tells me to come get it the repairs were all done. I go Dec 18 to pick it up and the interior trim for the roof fan were on the counter and the control panel was hanging its wires. They told me they thought it was done but wree incorrect. They kept the trailer and said the would fix it and deliver it to my house. Thy delivered it
yesterday and today the wife gets home from work and the roof vent is
standing wide open and the rain is pouring inside. The carpet is soaked and the dinette cushions are soaked. Any one else have a problem like this with their fans? and what kind do you have Norhtern Breeze or Fantastic?

party of 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 02:20 PM   #2
Mike and Wendy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1148
We have the Fantastic Fan and it worked great in both the 2004 and the 2005. The only problem we had was with the seal. Sometimes the vent hood would stick to the seal. They replaced the seal and no more problems. I like it so much I want to put one in the bathroom.
Mike and Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:58 AM   #3
BusyBees
Established Member

M.O.C. #1192
Sorry to hear about your problems. I have 2 Northern Breeze fans. The one in the bedroom started acting up when I started lowering the cover manually. It ran the fan off and on even though the fan switch was off.

After reading the paperwork from Ventline and perusing their web site I realized I should have pushed the handle in before turning it manually. When I read that the fan contains a microprocessor I treated it like a computer. Since the fan is DC powered I disconnected both the shore power and the battery and then reconnected. Bingo, the fan microprocessore reset itself and all functions were restored.

If you check with Ventline support you should ask if the cover is controlled only thru the microprocessor. There might be a separate control for the rain sensor but it may only signal the computer to lower the cover. You may need a new microprocessor. I would suggest that you contact Ventline before letting the dealer have another go.

I would also hope the dealer would pony up some bucks to pay for cleaning up the mess.
BusyBees is offline   Reply With Quote