Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2019, 07:33 PM   #1
GILAELKHUNTER
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24575
fresh water tank

We have now been camping twice in our new High Country 310RE, the first trip we filled the fresh water tank and when we got to our camping spot some 175 miles from home we only had 1/3 tank of water, we thought maybe we had gotten an air lock when filling and didn't get it full. So this past weekend we were going again and made sure to fill tank slowly as to not get an air lock while filling. Made sure it was full this time, wife followed behind me pulling side x side and watched it gush water out of the over flow vent everytime I made a right turn. We went to a different camp spot this time 130 miles from home and lost 1/2 tank of water. Anyone else have this problem ?? Thinking to install a valve in the overflow.

GILAELKHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
Whiskeydick
Established Member

M.O.C. #23582
I put a boat plug in mine after filling, just remember to remove it when you get to the destination
Whiskeydick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:00 AM   #3
GILAELKHUNTER
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeydick View Post
I put a boat plug in mine after filling, just remember to remove it when you get to the destination
Do you take the plug out to give it air? Will it not work with it in?
Wondering how you get the plug in there, mine has a cover over it.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
Whiskeydick
Established Member

M.O.C. #23582
On my 2019 3120 the black cover over the fresh water tank vent slides ip and off, there is a screen that comes out then after filling I put a boat plug in it for traveling then take it out when set up at the destination. Do not leave it in when filling or useing water as the tank needs to breathe while in use.
Whiskeydick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #5
Creeker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23094
Same problem here with our 2019 310RE. Simple fix as said above. Only I use a rolled up piece of weather stripping. No more loss of water. Do remember to remove it after arriving at camp site though. Your pump will run abnormally long after you turn off a faucet will be your reminder. lol

For removing the vent cover - Put your fingers at the bottom of each side of cover. A slight upward pull is all it takes. Comes off very easy and simply snaps back on by sliding down from the top.
Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #6
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
I guess you learn something everyday...never of this issue before. I figured you had a cracked tank or the sensors are bad.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:03 PM   #7
GILAELKHUNTER
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeydick View Post
Thanks, I figured out how to get that cover off and I'll try the boat plug next trip.