Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2019, 10:13 AM   #1
Starman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23643
Hydraulic slide

When using an electric drill connected to the hydraulic pump to bring in or slide out the hydraulic slides, how do you isolate the switch for the slide vise the leveling system?

Old 05-27-2019, 11:41 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
There are solenoids that have to be opened/closed. There was a thorough discussion about this very thing a while ago. Take a look at this TOPIC and it should answer your question.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:44 PM   #3
Starman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23643
Carl, I went back 15 pages. By chance do you know what the discussion title was?
I found three switch’s that are for the leveling unit. Understand I take an Allen key and open or close those to isolate them but can’t find the slide switch’s.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:02 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman View Post
Carl, I went back 15 pages. By chance do you know what the discussion title was?
I found three switch’s that are for the leveling unit. Understand I take an Allen key and open or close those to isolate them but can’t find the slide switch’s.

I don't understand what switches you are referring to. If you are using the pump manually to open/close the slides or drive the jacks then the solenoids are what you use. The 1/8" Allen wrench is used to "open" the solenoid so the pump can push hydraulic fluld through it.

There is a recent post HERE that has a PDF attached that describes the manual process in great detail. Give it a try.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:49 PM   #5
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
This is the Lippert directions for manually operating the hydraulics. It specifically says do not operate manually to extend the jacks or the slides, only to retract so rig can be brought to a service center for diagnostics and repair. The page title says for systems prior to 2008, but there is no other instructions for newer systems, but this should also work for their newer systems. https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001907.pdf
rohrmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:52 PM   #6
Starman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23643
Carl, thanks for the reply. The three switch’s I’m referring to are just in front of the hydraulic pump. Mine are labeled and are for the leveling system. Can’t seem to find the hyd. Switch for the slides. Have an apt to take it to a dealership and have the touch screen and BCM replaced but that is in mid July. would like to retract my slides in one shot vice push screen, bump slide, wait for screen to reset with BCM and repeat 15-20 times to bring in slides.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:49 AM   #7
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
The operation of the Lippert hyd pump and motor using manual over ride mode CAN be used to extend or retract slides and levelers.

All you are doing is the same thing the motor would do... run hyd pump either CW or CCW by using drilll

Reference ... Lippert manual over ride TI 048 Rev 08.21.18

Systems after 2008 date will operate the same using manual over ride

Ref TI 170 Rev date 08.28.18

If your out on the road making a trip and the hyd pump motor or dual polarity solenoid failed you could continue the trip opening and closing slides and levelers via manual mode until suck time you could go to repair center or order and replace parts yourself

This would also include failure of the level up control panel, in command BCM or touch screen .. and so forth.

It would just be inconvenient to have to operate manually for opening and closing slides and levelers.

Hyd fluid flow is the same whether the pump is run by its motor or by a cordless drill
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:51 PM   #8
Starman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23643
Chuck thanks for the reply. I’m just trying to find the switch to close or open for the slides so I can operate it. There are three hydraulic switch’s just forward of the hyd. pump and their labeled for the leveling system. IDK?
Old 06-04-2019, 06:32 PM   #9
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831

As documented in several postings and PDFs

There are typically 3 electric solenoid valves for the level up gear… The front LG
solenoid will be located on passenger side...this controls BOTH front LG
There are 2 solenoids located on a manifold block that will control curb side and
passenger side middle and rear level up legs..
Additionally there will be one more solenoid on that manifold block that controls
ALL hydraulic slide outs.

So one of the three solenoids on the block control all the slides (individual slides are controlled by the valves by the Control Panel). Which one of the three is the *ONE*that controls the slides is an exercise left for the reader.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:45 PM   #10
Starman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23643
Carl, thanks. I’m going to take a look again most likely this coming Saturday. Gonna take my time and hand over hand the hydraulic lines. Need to continue to track down the leak in the A.C. return ducting. Every time it rains water gets thru the a.c. unit somewhere and drains out the supply ducting from the a.c. The leak comes down on my couch where the dear wife sits. Not good for me or keystone! When she isn’t happy, we tend to stay home and find more issues with lemonade.
Gonna stay positive with this and fix it!!
Old 06-04-2019, 08:51 PM   #11
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Look at the color code for the level up system... 3 hyd solenoids for the levelers....

The 4Th solenoid that is not listed in this code chart will be for manual over ride operation of the hydraulic slides. Solenoid....

Note... one of the solenoids is on the passenger side front LG... so that color coded wire is easy to eliminate

Forward of the hyd pump/motor reservoir are the 3 solenoids your looking for ...

Find the color code wire that’s NOT listed on the pic I’ve attached and that’s your hyd slide out manual override solenoid. Only 1 for ALL hyd slides
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A157396C-3643-4EFB-92AF-FE0526B68EC5.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	3907  
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote