Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2004, 02:59 PM   #21
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We're happy Montana Mountaineer owners. We've only had two problems - the shower surround leaked (I repaired it with a tube of caulking). The foot rest on one of the recliners was crooked (I took the chair to my dealer and Mastercraft sent a new frame. It was repaired and back home in one day). The coach has never been back to the dealer. We are happy with our purchase and would do it all over again. We may consider a 5th wheel when we go fulltime and we'll definitely consider a Montana for that purchase.

fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:15 PM   #22
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BillyRay

doesn't matter what type of rv...they all have problems.
Well said BillRay. Same as my Ford Truck. I have owned 11 different Fords and finally one came to us I couldn't get along with. Nothing but problems, it does happen.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 06:04 PM   #23
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027
We have enjoyed our 305FKS Mountaineer part time for just a year now and really like it. The warrenty list was small items - fridge thermister not quite right, loose cupboard hinge, things like that. The GMC had a problem with the transmission - minor spring change needed in the torque converter - a call to On-Star diagnosed that one - but so far so good all around. We too have previously owned Terry, Wilderness and Arctic Fox before the Mountaineer - seems like the more bells and whistles the greater chance of problems - but any were minor to this point. We are looking at a 5er next time around.
Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 06:42 PM   #24
Montana_381
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #381
Where are the happy Montana owners?

Wherever we are!
Montana_381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:19 AM   #25
RnR
Established Member

M.O.C. #161
Hello Happy Montana Owners,
Proud owner of a 2002 3695RK. Took delivery of my 5er two years ago and have not had to take it back for any reason. My satisfaction rating of this unit would be rated as a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10.(10 being the highest of course!) My only complaint is the darned refrigerator keeps running out of my favorite liquid refreshments!
Great, forum. Should be required reading for all Montana owners.
Garry
RnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:37 PM   #26
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
Put me in the i do not know group, we have had problems, yes many for a 2004 unit;but the dealer has taken care of most and the rest they will fix in the off-season, this is our fourth rv, an old coleman pop-up bought used, minor problems, a 2001 Coachmen cadet hybrid,no problems but very cheaply built-too small, a 2002 Sunline t-260sr, never a problem and fit and finish were flawless,excellant trailer .Then the fifth wheel,a2004 2955rl, pretty layout but fit and finish not nearly as good as sunline, some major problems,some were keystones and some suppliers such as a/c,heater,carpet,axles. The montana problems were roof,bubbling of fiberglass, shower incorrectly installed,entrance door falling apart, poor cabinetry.But imo, all the problems are keystones as they should have better quality control before they push these things to the dealers.Do most builders have problems, a few, but I have not yet met a keystone customer who did not have at least one problem.
sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:14 PM   #27
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
Well, we guess that we are the odd ones--we are VERY happy with our 3670RL Big Sky. As others have said, the problems we have had have been either dealer related (incapable service people) or suppplier products added to the Keystone structure. Every headache-causing problem was the result of dealer servicing issues. Get this one--we had the rig in for service on the Majestic dryer (added after purchase), the service dept. at the local dealer took the dryer out of the closet where it was installed, sat in on the kitchen area vinyl flooring, then "shorted it out" and burn marked the vinyl where the 4 metal feet of the dryer touched it. That's the kind of problem we've had--stupidity on the part of dealer service people. The Big Sky itself is a winner! No complaints yet.
#29 fans Chuckc and Linda Clements
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:26 AM   #28
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Well, we've only had our 2004 3280 RLTS since July and only been on one camping trip, so we feel it's not really "broken in " yet. We're taking ours back to the dealer today for several items: 1 day/night shade replacement, 1 outside light doesn't work, dining room table needs replacing due to dealer serviceman sitting on it when taking down the inoperable day/night shade. Other than these items, so far, we're very pleased with our Montana. Unfortunately, it seems some units have more problems than others. A friend of ours has a 5'ver by Newmar and it's a lot more expensive than our Montana and he has had problems also. The bottom line to me is that the dealer and/or the mfg stand behind the unit and correct the problems. See ya'll in Indiana.
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:30 AM   #29
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We have only had our Montana since June but have been on several camping trips with it. We have not had to go back to the dealer for anything so far. I think they put the table too close to the window in ours which causes a problem using the day/night shades, but that is about the only thing I can think of. We are pleased so far.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:53 AM   #30
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Roy & Nancy ours table was the same way I took the screws out & moved the table out about 2 ins. works great for us.
gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:30 AM   #31
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We ended up changing the table to the one found in the Everest. Hubby goes to Everest dealer in his business every week and bought one from them that had been a take-out. It has a narrower base and a small extension, which works better for us. The pedastal on the one that came with ours was difficult to get around when trying to sit in the chair closest to the window and there was less leg room. We stained it to match ours (we saved ours should we ever decide to sell and get a newer one). He made sure to allow enough room to open the shades before screwing it to the floor.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:57 AM   #32
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
We have had ours since June and are very satisfied with it. We have a couple of small items that need fixed but will wait till fall to have it fixed. Don't want to stop camping
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:44 AM   #33
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
We have the 29955RL and the hide-a-bed almost hits the cabinets when opened,we didn't open it when looking at it,our fault;and the dealer never said anything to us.We have my son,12;with us 95% of the time,we swapped the table with the sofa and that works pretty good. You can now get up and walk around the bed without walking over it.Just a note in case anyone else has this model and does not like the way the hide-a-bed opens.
sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:05 PM   #34
joe2speed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1268
I must be one of the few happy montana owners. I got my 2004, 3655fl in august 2003. Have not been back to the dealer yet. We have put maybe 6000 miles on it and everything works fine. I must have got a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday montana.
joe2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:07 PM   #35
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Know what you mean joe2speed. Our first 5ver you would freeze sitting on the sofa. I think they forgot to put insulation in the slide out.
gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 12:16 PM   #36
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
So far, we have been pleased with our set up, our dealer and sales rep. Guess you could say we love our Monty and the floor plan works for us. Only one issue - dinette slide leak. If issue isn't resolved before the rally, will take up directly with Keystone while we are there.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 02:56 PM   #37
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Count us among the happy Montana owners. Enough that we're on our second Montana and would buy another should we feel the need and also win a big lottery.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote